Increase zoom on the Windows version of PhotoLab beyond 400% to match the Mac version

I noted that in the PhotoJoseph Webinar on using the clone tool he was able to increase the zoom percentage to 1600% on the Mac version of Photolab 3. The Windows version will only zoom to 400% I would like the zoom percent in Windows increased to match the zoom of the Mac version.

Mark

Could you please give us an example of where/why this would be useful, Mark.

John M

Hi John,

There are two places right off the top of my head. First, when applying a local adjustment in a tight area, and second when applying a repair or clone of a area right up against, or passing through, another areas you don’t want affected. Higher magnification allows you to apply local adjustment masks and repair masks more precisely. I use both tools extensively and have found myself using them more and more as my experience increases. There are very few images to which I don’t apply local adjustments. On many occasions I’ve had to redo both LA’s and repairs because of the inability to zoom farther in to achieve greater accuracy.

Mark

1 Like

Hello guys,

We already have this task in the backlog. We’ll do that as soon as the time allows.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Thank you Svetlana!

Mark

1 Like