I have been on the fence to purchase a separate DAM package for like 2 years and iMatch 2020 seems to be it. I know many PhotoLab users already work with it for a while. New features are mighty impressive and I am amazed how well they focus on “average consumer” user experience design for such a highly complex product (which DAM is period).
Major Enhancements in IMatch 2020:
- Face Recognition - On your PC. No Cloud. No Privacy Issues
- IMatch Events - Organize Files Using Events
- AutoTagger - Automatically Add Keywords using AI Services
- TimeWiz - Modify File Dates and Times Easily
- Over 50 New Features, Apps and Enhancements
- Improved Performance, Stability and Security
Downloading the trial now and will report back my findings.
This is also why I believe DxO should stay away from trying to be comprehensive DAM and focus on integration with these type of packages trough top notch interoperability. It is just too complex.
For the sake of balance: Photo Supreme V5 is a great alternative for Mac and Windows users. I have worked with it and generally liked it but I also had some issues with stability and it isn’t as feature rich as IMatch.