Images with DCP Profile edited on one workstation crashes Photolab 2 & 3 on another workstation

Since several months I am trying to get to the bottom of why Photolab 2 & 3 on my Windows 10 PC crashes. Before I go into the detail here a quick description of the setup I have. Firstly all images are copied to my MacBook Pro (Catalina) and edited in Photolab 3. Occasionally I use custom DCP Profiles for my Nikon D200 and D850. After some time when the MacBook Pro hasn’t got any hard-drive space anymore the sub-directories (including all sidecar files) are copied to the Windows 10 Pro PC.

As mention before Photolab 2 & 3 crashes now on opening the program on the Windows 10 PC every time. Below a extract of the crash report XML file:
-

-<![CDATA[System.ComponentModel.Composition.CompositionException: The composition produced a single composition error. The root cause is provided below. Review the CompositionException.Errors property for more detailed information.

1. Path is invalid. Path cannot start with ‘/’

Resulting in: An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of type ‘Dop.Correction.ColorRendering.DCP.ColorRenderingDcpProfilesCollection’.

Renaming the folder where the images are stored would not solve the crash of Photolab 2 & 3 on startup.
By coincident I found that when logging in with a different user in Windows 10 I was able to start Photolab 2 & 3 again. Until I again click on a folder with images which have a DCP Profile assigned to it, then Photolab 2 & 3 crashes again. Looking into the dxo sidecar file I find a path to a DCP Profile which obviously does not exist on the Windows 10 PC.

Overrides = {
ColorRenderingActive = true,
ColorRenderingDCPProfile = “/Users/xyz/Pictures/2019/2019-04-29 D850 Test/Nikon D850.dcp”,
ColorRenderingType = “DCP”,
ContrastControlGroupActive = false,
ContrastEnhancementActive = false,
},

Although I can copy the DCP Profile from the MacBook Pro to the Windows 10 PC I have no way of changing the image to the new DCP Profile path before Photolab 2 & 3 crashes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello @RUllmann and welcome to the Forum,

Yep, we are aware of this problem (app crashes when you apply ICC/DCP on Mac first and then transfer the images+sidecars to Win). We are working on this problem right now - issue ID is [DOPW-27593].

I’ll let you know when it’s fixed.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Hello @sgospodarenko,
Can we please have some update on this topic ?
(Also see here)

It’s about the « full path of profile file saved in the .dop » and how to move around pictures+dop if this path has changed ?

(PS: same thing applies for the path of a watermark file.)

1 Like

Good morning Marc,

Thank you for the attracting my attention to the post. The issue with the crash itself is fixed. So this report can be closed and about the suggestion of the improvement I’ve replied in the neighbor thread.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like