Image Preview Not Sharp

I have purchased DXO Photolab 5 and am disappointed that so many of my raw images are lacking sharpness. I researched this issue and it seems that you have to zoom to 75% minimum for the preview to appear as shot, otherwise you are just looking at a JPEG preview; has anybody else experienced this? Having spent £180 on the software with no refund available, I am a little disappointed. I suspect that prior to this research, I have been discarding pictures that were actually okay. I now see in preferences that you can select High Quality Previews but I am still a little underwhelmed.

The high quality previews option does not address your concern. It serves a different purpose. There are a few settings, among them lens sharpness and the unsharp mask, the affects of which can only be viewed at 75% zoom and above.

Mark

‘The high quality previews option does not address your concern. It serves a different purpose.’

What purpose would that be?

To keep the adjustments visible in real time as they occur rather than blurring them until the processor “catches up”. Please be advised: This setting may be undesirable if one is using a slow processor.

2 Likes

Thank you.