HSL color picker

I know there is a topic regarding this, but it is close. I just want to know when we should see the color picker in the HSL?
any update?
is it already used by EA member but not released yet?

1 Like

I am not aware of DXO’s commitment to a development or implementation timeframe for this feature, but, even if we knew, it’s not information that any EA member could divulge since we are not permitted to discuss any features being beta tested.

Mark

I know but staff can :cowboy_hat_face:

Here:

Yes I am well aware that it’s in the backlog. That is no secret. However, what you were asking was whether it’s currently being tested by EA members. That is a totally different thing.

Mark

Hello @mikerofoto,

This feature is in the top of the backlog but it’s too early to talk about beta testing.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Thanks, I’ll wait :upside_down_face:

1 Like

By the way, I miss this also most in V 3.1 (together with the compare to be able to use embedded JPG from RAW to compare corrections instead RAW-RAW).

Oh yes, there is also a mask view missing which means I can turn everything to B/W which is not selected by actual color, in this way to see exactly what my color selection is currently!

1 Like

Any update? It is not implemented in Ver. 3.2 yet!

Hahaha, I was just thinking of that this morning.

When is it coming!
Sorry can’t help it to ask again too =]

Hello guys,

I have still no news for the time frame of this feature as we are working on some more difficult features. I’ll keep you informed when we start to implement it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

The HSL Color Picker is a simple, yet effective color workbench to generate color output and also to import colors for analysis and comparison.

Now we have got PL version 3.3 and even the “top of the backlog” isn’t realized :unamused: - or have I missed something?

1 Like

Hello @wilsberg,

HSL color picker is not a quick fix or something like that. It will be implemented but in a major version.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

That is a bit mean if the nice requested feature (which was already on top of the backlog) will only be implemented in a major version. Now I will have to buy the new version once it comes out!
It is kind of defying the DXO moto “buy once and own it, no subscription” though, because now we have to buy a software upgrade every … hope not too often :wink: !

1 Like

You don’t have to buy the upgrade, however you may choose to buy to get new features. Dxo has never claimed they provide updates for free into perpetuity. There are plenty of wanted things in the backlog that won’t even appear in the next version of Photolab. DxO has to pick and choose which enhancements it can implement in any major version which will give them and us the most bang for the buck.

Mark

1 Like

This Topic can be closed, since PhotoLab 4.0 is arrived. Now only to do it local would be nice.

1 Like