How to translate the forum's pages to other languages?

Just for kicks: Safari translates the pages without further ado…

Hey! that’s incredible. How many years have I been using Safari without realising I could do that? It’s going to make it a whole lot easier ordering stuff from Calumet in Germany :grin:

It’s even in the address bar,…very handy :wink:

And Safari can give our posts a voice. The first time was a German voice reading English, loads of fun… second try (when I attempted to record it) was already very close to English.

Ah - that will be Mercun (American) close to English but with the wrong spelling and pronunciation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hear “oozing” instead of “using”.

Where’s the booze?

“but with the wrong shpaling and pronoonci-a-zjawn” I like it when computers deliver so much confidence in future…

Sorry, StevenL and other users, didn’t you all read what I wrote? Of course I can mark individual words, sentences or whole paragraphs and have them displayed in a translation tool or copy them and paste them into a box on a corresponding page. But I specifically asked how I can display a whole page with all the images and formatting. So just the complete content, as it is there, in a different language. If you don’t know what I mean, you can try Google Chrome and the built-in translator. Everything else is walking instead of driving by car.

1 Like

If you ask that way - here’s what your Microsoft Edge (Version 102.0.1245.33 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit)) would deliver:

As repeatedly stated it’s not a forum problem. Many posters were replying to your question and all come up with “no problem, switch the browser to German and you’re done” so it might be you who should first answer “did you read what we replied?” Maybe the forum of your favourite browser would be a good place to seek for solutions. You were suspecting the forum to be the problem, apparently it’s not.

4 Likes

@ Ralf Brinkmann
Try this

In my case, the second solution works perfectly (Translate web page manually).
I use Windows 10, Chrome 102.0.5005.115 (64 bit)

interesting information

Welcome to the forum Max :wink:

Steven.

1 Like

Joanna, tu n’as pas de problème avec le français !

Well, I was also unaware ; I tried but if it nice to read, it ils impossible to reply to a post when translation is on.
So I will keep on using English with eventual help from Deep-L…