How to move Dxo db from C: to D:

Hi
I would like to move DXO DB from my C: ssd drive, to D:.
The files are in C:\Users\AppData\Local\ & Roming.
Is there a workflow how to do it right?
Thanks

For windows version you can set the path for the db in the preferences. My path is on w:/dxo5/db and my cache is on w:/dxo/cache on a ssd

2 Likes

Thanks @Guenterm
Just created new folders, didnā€™t copy/paste the files from the old directory. I will let dxd to create them by itself

@cohen5538 what @Guenterm says is correct but I have been concerned lately if things are working as I expected so I

1. Told PL6 to change the location of the database in ā€˜Preferencesā€™ and normally I expect a warning (I think!?) that DxPL needs to ā€˜Restartā€™ but I got no warning!

2. The location chosen had an old PL6 database!

3. I restarted PL6 and it started using the old database!

4. Created a new subdirectory and asked DxPL to switch to the new location, again no request for a ā€˜Restartā€™.

5. I restarted and PL6 was using a database the same size as the one it was using at step 3.

Further testing suggests;

1. The database is copied as soon as the ā€˜Preferencesā€™ screen with the new location is 'OKā€™ed

2. The database in the new location will not be used until DxPL has been restarted.

3. It appears if there is a database already at the ā€œnewā€ location DxPL will not overwrite it and DxPL will start using that (ā€œoldā€) database after the restart!?