How to make PL5 fast and responsive

According to some test I have personally done, using an M1 Max will get you about 4-5Mpx per second when exporting an image using DeepPRIME.
So for 500 images (21Mpx each) you’ll need between 45 and 35 minutes.

Anyway, those are just estimates based on a bunch of tests I made with some Canon RAW files, using the DxO default preset… take it with a grain of salt :wink:

Steven.

You are right! I wish I was dumb and uncurious. Life would have been a bliss.-)
Out of curiosity, why do you prefer raw processing for timelaps? Most cameras jpeg outputs do an amazing job to correct and reduce noise in camera. Any post processing is mostly slight adjustments if at all.
What are you using PL for in the process?

Steven, that sounds right to me and was assuming that kind of savings.

Migo, I am shooting sunsets so go from extreme light to night. As the ISO goes up the noise of the nighttime sky increases and becomes extreme as I approach darkness. So, I have been using DeepPrime and it resolves beautifully. I then export in DNG to LR (to catalog the images) then to LRTimelapse to resolve the flutter between images. I do not understand the processing much in LRT but going directly to rendering vs LRT processing makes a big difference in the quality of the output. I am using the ProRes codec which I understand is the best for those using Macs. Seems like a good product but…. I am far from expert!

Thanks for sharing the info.
I’m no expert in timelaps but worked on videos and stills quite a lot in the past. Did you try exporting as JPEGs from PL rather than DNG and than pro res? Not sure why go through 3 uncompressed source files to render a compressed video. Also, what camera do you use? Some cameras have amazing NR and time laps capabilities including adjusting ISO automatically. Having the source dialled in will save you tones of post work.