How to combine (and re-separate) the Light, Color, and Detail sliders in LOCAL ADJUSTMENTS

In PhotoLab 6 for Mac, when using LOCAL ADJUSTMENTS I have access to three sets of controls, LIGHT, COLOR, and DETAIL. On a screenshot from a friend of mine, I just see one control, containing all the settings for everything, at once.

Question #1 - How to combine all the settings as my friend has done?
Question #2 - How can I return it to what I assume is “normal” with separate settings.

You can create and arrange custom palette groups.

This question is about the equalizer. To combine the three groups, hold down Ctrl while selecting a group.

1 Like

Well, thanks, but the last thing I want to do is create custom things - if I ever get fully comfortable at this software, only then can/will I change things from the default.

Time to read the link you posted, but what in the world is the “Equalizer”?
Holding the control key while pressing any of the three choices does nothing.

I wonder how @Wolfgang did it - he’s the one who gave me the idea by looking at his screen captures. :slight_smile: …OK, back in three minutes supposedly.

This doesn’t work on my Mac.

In PhotoLab, the Equalizer is the very thing consisting of the hree groups you’re asking about, @mikemyers .

The groups can be combined by selecting them one by one while pressing one of the modifier keys (option or command) on your Mac keyboard.

1 Like

My apologies to all. I really must learn to read one day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Interesting. Not relevant to this particular topic but, one of the first things I did when I started using PhotoLab was to find out that I could customise the palettes. Instead of continually scrabbling around trying to find where such-and-so tool was, I then knew where I had placed them and it made life a lot easier (for me).

To be a bit more precise, hold the Cmd key to add a group or press the Option key to remove one.

@mikemyers if you ever see advice to use the Ctrl key, check whether the author is a Windows user and, if so, translate it into Cmd.

I’ll have to keep that in mind the next time I try to speak Mac! :smile: To my surprise, I couldn’t find the answer in the user guide. A shame, either on DxO or on me.

I was not able to find this out with a lot of searching, but the trick noted above worked fine, and seems to be “permanent”.

I never thought I needed to do this, but now it sounds like a great idea. Among other things, I want the REPAIR tool in my basic palette. Not now, but sometime soon, I will make some notes, and create a new WORKSPACE, just like I’m now using - gee, I now have 17 workspaces, most of which I never use and forgot I even had. I’ll get to this soon.

I assume I can re-order the tools, placing the ones I use the most up at the top.

Yes, I will consider doing this at the same time.

Thanks - I didn’t expect to find this answer easily, and was rather surprised that I couldn’t find it by searching. This “trick”, along with the “E” to hide the palette, will make life easier for me.