How to chose "best" graphics card for DxO hardware acceleration (in particular DP XD speed)

For anyone interested, here’s the link to the DxO processing times spreadsheet: DxO DeepPRIME Processing Times - Google Sheets

The spreadsheet doesn’t ask about preferences settings. I suspect in most cases users have the defaults.

Is there one image and one .dop to download to make the test ?
Or is everyone doing this with different settings and images ?

The top of the spreadsheet provides links for the test images and simple instructions. No .dop, so:

Images processing times with PhotoLab. All images with Preset DXO Standard plus DeepPrime or DeepPrime XD (6.x) NR. Export to JPG without resize.

I created this spreadsheet back when DxO 4.0 was current, but it’s been added to since.

1 Like

Running current video device drivers is as important as good hardware.

Earlier this year NVIDIA, followed by AMD and now Intel, made massive internal improvements to their device drivers that resulted in 30-40% improvement in image processing times on the same hardware.

Intel, as users here have found out, are a bit behind the curve in delivering device drivers that take full advantage of their new Arc/Iris GPU hardware.

I fitted a ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070 12GB GDDR6X and exporting a Sony ARW 25mb imige takes 4 seconds with deep prime and the powere demand is less that 100w even when doing a batch usfull as it avoided upgrading my powere supply which earlier cards needed.