How do I get the thumbnails to scroll left to right?

In the last two versions I used, Optics Pro 2 and Photo Lab 3, or whatever they wanted to call them, you could scroll the thumbnails sideways instead of up and down. This was much much more useful than what it does now, up and down a whole row at a time. How do I get that back? It doesn’t matter if the image browser is docked or undocked and I’ve tried looking in the settings to no avail. Please help.

I just checked PL3 (Mac) and, in the PhotoLibrary view, scrolling is only up and down. In the Customize view, scrolling of the single row of thumbnails is left and right.

It is exactly the same in PL4.

Yes, that was a change to the Image Browser made in one of the earlier versions of PL (probably after PLv3, based on your observation). That’s just the way it now works - there is no option to scroll horizontally. I recall it being a bit tricky to get used to at first - but now I don’t even think about it.

John M

Thanks. I just don’t see how this can be of any use. It’s terrible when you’re trying to sort through pics and you select one and you know you need the one that’s 8 or 10 after that and you click the scroll wheel and now the one you have select is out of view. Very poor UI in my opinion.

I think it was done because the thumbnails in the Browser can be undocked and placed on a second screen and then enlarged. In this configuration the scrolling is more intuitive going up and down.

I would like to have an option to scroll horizontally when it is docked so it works the same as in Customise.