Hide / Show Image Browser in Customize

The default workspace of the Customize tab have an Image Browser at the bottom. Even though the Image Browser is possible to hide, it returns as soon as you leave Customize.

I would like to suggest a change so that the state of the Image Browser will be as it is when you leave Customize. If you leave Customize with a hidden Image Browser, it would still be hidden when you return to Customize.

Hi Lars,
beeing on Windows and the latest version of PL4, I quickly tried this out – and no, in DxO Advanced workspace as well with Custom Palettes the hidden image browser didn’t t return ‘automatically’ instead of beeing closed (tried with mouse and Strg + F9, closed and restartet PL4 and even changed the language).
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

That´s interesting. You are suggesting that PL4 behave differently in Mac and Windows.

I would love to have comment on that from the DxO staff.

Let me make sure I understand this. Are you saying that you hide the image browser in Customize, go to the PhotoLibrary tab and when you return to Customize the image browser is visible gain? As Lars indicated that is certainly not the behavior in Windows.

Mark

On my Mac, the film strip behaves like this

• Film strip is on, whenever “customize” comes up (be it fron “library” or start)
  • Film strip toggles off and on when you press shift-tab

I can happily live with this behavior.
(DPL4.1 on macOS Mojave)

Mark,
This is the behaviour on my Mac: “you hide the image browser in Customize, go to the PhotoLibrary tab and when you return to Customize the image browser is visible gain”

Wolfgang indicated “that is not the behavior in Windows”.

That is correct. The Windows version does not behave that way. There are a number of differences between the Mac and Windows versions. @StevenL has indicated DXO will be addressing those differences although there is no timeframe.

Mark

Thank you for that information. If there are a lot of differences of how PhotoLab behaves, between Mac and Windows versions, one would expect DxO to have a high priority addressing those.

Not only that, but it’s only when hiding the image browser completely. Resize to any non-zero height and the setting is remembered.

It’s plain flaky …

+1 for remembering the image browser visibility in customize mode in MacOS!

Thomas