HDR Efex Pro colour

I have tried using this software to merge realistic architectural shots but I seem to get very garish results with oversaturated colour. In the past I used Photomatix with pretty good results and currently I’m using Affinity Photo, which seems far more realistic colour-wise. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I first convert my raws in PL3, and the colours of the TIFFs look fine.

Jul

1 Like

Hi Jul, which preset are you using? Also if you don’t like the results of any given preset, there are multiple controls in the right hand panel to adjust all parameters to your liking. :slightly_smiling_face:

Do your results look garish in HDR Efex Pro or only after you’ve exported them? With a bit of work, I can get results I like within HDR Efex Pro, but sometimes what I see in the program isn’t what I actually get after exporting. (I submitted a bug report about that.) It might also be worth making sure that you’re only working in one color space (sRGB or Adobe RGB) throughout your workflow.

1 Like

Maybe something here will help: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dxo+hdr+efex

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions. I’ll look into them this afternoon and report back.

Jul

I will look at the tutorial videos but unfortunately at the moment my internet seems to be slow. However, I’ve used HDR Efex Pro some more this afternoon and I’m quite pleased with the three images I’ve processed, now that I’ve found that reigning in the saturation quite a bit and also cooling the white balance seems to have improved things from the results I was getting yesterday.

2 Likes