GPU not detected in Windows 8 but ok in Windows 10

The subject pretty much says it all. PL4 gives me no GPU option for DeepPrime Acceleration under the Performance prefs in Win 8 but my NV 1660 Super is available in Win 10 (same machine, dual boot). The drivers for each OS are current. Any ideas?

DeepPRIME on GPU requires Windows 10 1903 or later. So no chance to get it on Windows 8.1.

Well crap. I didn’t see any mention of that in the release notes. Sorry if I overlooked it and DxO should be sorry if they omitted it.
Thanks,

Having reviewed release notes here, I quote:

Windows System requirements
• Intel® Core™ 2 or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or higher (Intel® Core™ i7 4th generation or better, or AMD
Ryzen™ recommended)
• 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
• 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space
• Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 (64-bit), or Microsoft® Windows® 10 version 1809 or higher (64-bit, and still supported by Microsoft®), Windows® 10 version 2004 or later recommended
• DirectX® 10-capable system
• OpenCL™ 1.2-capable graphic card with 1GB of video memory to handle OpenCL™ acceleration
• NVIDIA GTX™ 1060, AMD Radeon™ RX 580 or better recommended for DeepPRIME

Unless I am blind, there is ZERO mention that DP will not work with Win 8.1 or Win 10 prior to 1903, only that Windows 10 version 2004 or later is recommended. Since DP is the major addition and a “game changer” (according to some) this seems to be a case of near criminal negligence. That it may have been discussed or published elsewhere does not cover your a**.

An additional search returned this document on DP hardware acceleration and STILL no mention of OS restrictions. :angry:

Please amend your system requirements to fully inform potential customers that something more than a capable GPU is required to run DeepPRIME.

1 Like

No GPU is required to run DeepPRIME, as it can also run on CPU. A GPU only makes it (much) faster, so the system requirements are correct. And the upgrades that would make it faster (Windows 10 2004, specific GPU) are listed as recommended.

This could probably be more explicit about where GPU support starts though.

You have Win 10. Why not just run PL4 on Win 10 and save your favorite Win 8.1 for your other projects? :grinning:

This could probably be more explicit about where GPU support starts though.

Yes, clarification would help. And while “no GPU required” is technically true, the performance hit from using only the CPU is substantial.

Because I’m feeling obstinate today… :slight_smile:

Suit yourself. To each his own. :grinning: