GPS data in sidecar xmp

Hello,
If the GPS data is stored in the RAW file (like EOS 6D ect.), after export to jpeg everything is OK. But recently I have browsed old RAW files, where I manually geotagged the GPS position in Lightroom to the xmp files. This files contains GPS data and displays it’s in PhotoLab correctly. But after exporting from Photolab to jpeg, GPS data disappears from jpeg file. Meanwhile, both Lightroom and ON1 PhotoRaw are exporting correctly. This is not a some dramatic problem, because I can save GPS data after exporting, already in jpeg, but … you know :smirk: The phenomenon concerns PL v2.2.2 and 2.2.3, I didn’t check the earlier versions.
Regards,
Wieslaw.

1 Like

Hello Wieslaw,

Could you, please provide me with and image+xmp? (you can upload them to our server upload.dxo.com if you want them to be private and notify me when ready).

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,
I sent a zip archive named “GPS_xmp file”. One Raw and xmp,
Thank You,
Best Regards,
Wieslaw

Thank you. Got them. I’ll analyze them.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

So Wieslaw, you were right - GPS is properly stored for TIFF and DNG and not for JPG. I’ve tested the older versions and it’s the same there as well :frowning: .

Thank you for finding this bug :wink:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

No problem. I’m glad that I could help.
Regards,
Wieslaw

Good morning,

The issue has been fixed and will be delivered with the next release.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Thank You.
Regards.
Wieslaw

1 Like

Will there be another 4.x release?

• Yep, it will be approximately in August.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Given this Any news on the next version (5) of photolab? will there nevertheless be another 4.x release or has this been cancelled?

1 Like

Good morning!

It will be - the last release of PL4.

Regards,
Svetlana G.