Full compatibility of Nik 4 to CorelDraw Graphics suite. Nik 3 worked fine

Viveza and Silver Efex in Nik 4 will no longer work with Corel products.

I think it was your post to which I replied here: V.4 Silver Efex, Viveza, no longer work with Corel Photo-Paint (in CorelDraw 2021) or PaintShop Pro 2021

It’s good that you report this issue, and hope that DxO Support looks into it.

1 Like

Riley at DxO support told me that they do not support an Corel software. But, I have been using Nik since it actually was Nik long before DxO acquired it, and it has always worked fine with Corel. Also, FilmPack 5 Elite works great as a plugin for CorelDRAW and PaintShop Pro, no issues at all. Here is what she wrote to me:
\ 40x40 Riley (Support & Assistance)

Jun 6, 2021, 12:32 AM GMT+2

Greetings,

We would have to replace Nik Collection 4 with Nik Collection 3, as you upgraded, you would be unable to have access to both at the same time in your account. Please let me know. Unfortunately we have never supported Photo-Paint 2021, PaintShop Pro 2021, or CorelDRAW, our apologies.

regards,

Riley - DxO Labs Support Team 2

And in a later email:

Riley (Support & Assistance)

Jun 6, 2021, 1:00 AM GMT+2

Dixon,

If Nik Collection 3 worked with those pieces of software, as we do not support it, you might want to contact those companies if they did something to add support, maybe they will do it for Nik Collection 4 as well.

regards,

Riley - DxO Labs Support Team 2

I’m going to follow up on this, but this seems to be passing the buck? Anyway, whatever works.
I did re-install Nik v3 alongside v4 by installing in a different folder, and it worked, I have Silver Efex and Viveza back as plugins. The v4 apps can still be opened freestanding, as a bonus.

1 Like

The issue IS with DxO and the new plugins, V3 worked with Capture One etc no problems at all. A work around seems to hint towards that the Silver Efex and Viveza plugin checks to see if C1 is running and removes the save back option. :frowning:

1 Like

see
V.4 Silver Efex, Viveza, no longer work with Corel Photo-Paint (in CorelDraw 2021) or PaintShop Pro 2021 - #7 by Wolfgang