Fujifilm X-100, X-Pro1, X-E1 and X-T10 not supported in PhotoLab 5

I have just found to my astonishment that in PhotoLab 5 it is not possible to view or develop the images taken with my old Fujifilm X-T10 and X-E1. Nor with the X-100 and X-Pro1, the latter two being almost mythical. I say astonished because the X-T1 is however supported. They share the same sensor, although it is possible, or maybe not, that there are some minor differences in the ADC.
Is it because X-Trans sensor support is still in beta or is it an oversight that will continue over time?

Check the support status or propose new gear on this page:

I don’t understand, I don’t know if this is an answer to my question. I didn’t ask which cameras Photolab supports, I already knew it doesn’t support the ones I mentioned. My question was why, since the X-T1 is.

Knowing the answer to why a camera/lens is not supported yet does not necessarily help to get support for that equipment. Finding out if gear is scheduled for support might tell you to simply wait things out, while not seeing that gear is scheduled might move you to propose that gear in the right place: the very site that DxO set up for that purpose.

I agree, but I don’t know neither where I can see what they have scheduled nor where is the right place to propose it if the gear is not scheduled. I thought it was appropriate to ask this in the place where the lacks of the program are being debated…

Open DxO Supported Cameras & Lenses and the following page should open:

• Click on the button marked with the green arrow, then look for the camera for which you want to know the support status.
  • If the camera is not in the list, you can propose it through the link marked with the magenta arrow
1 Like

Thank you so much! They are scheduled for this month

I am also eagerly waiting for the support of X-Pro1. As of now, it is shown to be scheduled for Q1 2022.

On the topic of X-Pro1 and X-T1 having the same sensor: apologies for being pedantic: yes, the same Sony Exmor IMX071 sensor is used in both cameras; but no, it’s not the same X-Trans. And there aren’t just minor differences in the ADC. The X-Pro1 has X-Trans 1 inside, while the X-T1 has X-Trans 2. The color renditions are quite different, because the color filters are different, in the sense that they have different transmission curves across the color spectrum. I am using the X-Pro1 to this very day, because I like its color rendering the most, especially the Pro Neg Std and Pro Neg High, to this very day. None of the newer X-Trans (2, 3, 4) have been able to reproduce it, in cameras or in external Raw processors. (Maybe someone will build an “X-Pro1 simulation” LUT, applicable to the newer Fujifilm cameras, some day, if that’s even doable?)

On top of that, they have very different noise profiles, too. Not a surprise, considering that X-Trans 1 produces 12-bit samples, while X-Trans 2, 3 and 4 produce 14-bit samples. You can see and compare the dynamic range curves and the noise curves on photonstophotos.net.

All in all, if DxO needs to take their extra time in order to get the X-Trans 1 rendering right (instead of just piggybacking the X-Trans 1 algorithms and parameters on top of the X-Trans 2 algorithms and parameters), then I’m glad they’re actually doing it.

Hey there.

I am an owner of X-E1 (X-Trans 1) really looking forward to DxO PL supporting those 1st gen sensors.

Reading your post here, I noted that you had mention color rendering / preferences. Have you tried comparing specific scenes (SOOC jpeg / raws) with the modern X-Trans sensors ?

I recently did an experiment and was surprised by the result (experiment - X-Trans 1 (X-Pro 1 / X-E1) – Amazing colors/colours?: Fujifilm X System / SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review)

TBH i see a difference, But i don’t see what’s amazing with X-Trans 1.

This shouldn’t stop DxO from supporting it though :laughing:

Long time ago I had been considering this cam type, but then dropped the idea …
So, out of curiosity I had a look at your link.

In comparison some XE-3 pics looked a little sharper (or more contrasty ?), but otherwise the same.

Hi @Wolfgang, I had included RAW + SOOC for both X-Trans 1 + X-Trans 3. So happy for anyone here to have a closer look etc.

From my conclusion there isn’t much of a difference.

SOOC - The X-Trans 3 SOOC files look more pleasing than X-Trans 1. Granted with both cameras you can tweak the JPEG output + this is quite subjective.

RAW - I tend to shoot Raw, I do like Adobe LR interpretation of X-E1 > X-E3. However, strictly speaking that’s Adobe’s interpretation of X-E1 that has more contrast etc.

I couldn’t really see any sharpness differences. But the 16MP holds up quite well.

Reason for me posting this, is I have read many places/opinions stating the “magical” properties of X-Trans 1 (Yes, they are amazing cameras and really make you slow down).

However looking at the output when comparing the test scenes, I have not seen anything conclusive. Not unless I am missing something …

Hi @RaymondL – at DxO’s support page there is a notice that XE-1 will be supported this month (suppose like other Fuji X-models → Elite version). – But I’m not (no longer) in the Fuji camp and can’t help / comment with this.

[ interested in people now → Processing "dull", gray-sky images in PhotoLab 5 - #288 by Wolfgang … ]