I sometimes run Fujifilm Raw files through Photolab 5.8, apply DeepPrime and export them as DNGs to edit them with Adobe.
This worked well so far and I was pleased with the results coming from my old Fujifilm X-T2. However, with the new X-H2 (supported now) I sometimes – not always – get worse files than the original RAFs.
I tried re-exporting a single file (which was faulty the first time) and this time it worked fine. I noticed now that the DNG is not noisier than the original RAF - it’s the same. The DNG just had Adobe’s noise reduction set to 0 which made it look worse.
If you compare the DNG and the RAF I submitted you’ll see that DXO’s lens corrections were applied but not DeepPrime. It seems like there is a problem with batch processing in PL 5.8.
My workflow: I open my folder with RAF files, select all and apply a custom preset (with includes DeepPrime) and then click “Export to Hard Disk” and select DNG (all corrections).