FP6 minimum requirement on macOS

Hello,

I am a user of FP5 on my MacBook Pro 13" mid-2012 and 16 GB of RAM. The standalone software runs well with Apple Photos. The FP6 minimum requirements need at least a core i7 4th generation. After some researches in the internet, my MacBook Pro is an Ivy Bridge 3rd generation. Will FP6 be unusable on my computer, meaning that I can’t upgrade to FP6 ? Or is it just in term of the duration of the processing which could be a little long but still usable ?

Regards.

Why don’t you try the free 31 day trial and find out for yourself?

From the FP6 user guide:

@platypus It is confusing to people because these are the specs they see in the release notes:
DxO FilmPack 6
Windows & macOS
System requirements

Microsoft® Windows®
Release notes
• Intel® CoreTM 2 or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 or higher (Intel® CoreTM i7 4th generation or higher, AMD RyzenTM recommended)
• 4 GB of RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
• 400 MB or more available disk space
• Microsoft® Windows® 10 version 1809 or higher (64 bits and still supported by Microsoft®), Windows® 10
version 2004 or higher recommended

Apple macOS
• Intel® CoreTM i7 4th generation or higher recommended, or Apple M1
• 4 GB of RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
• 400 MB or more available disk space
• macOS 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) or 12.0 (Monterey)

In scanning the user guide it makes reference to Optics Pro in places so I would guess the manual has been updated without having a complete review to make sure everything in it is up to date so maybe the specs are for FilmPack 5 in the User Guide. But, the conflict between the two causes doubt for someone who reads both sets of specs.

Peace
Marvin

Indeed. Publishing different requirements does not seem to be a smart move. Maybe that @StevenL can do something about it…