Whilst not exactly a bug, as such, current behaviour is certainly confusing and unhelpful.
Steps to reproduce;
- Press Ctrl+U to undock the Image Browser.
- Click on one of the thumbnails & press Ctrl+I … The Image Properties window pops-up, as expected.
- Click on a different thumbnail … the Image Properties window disappears (!)
- Toggle Ctrl+I repeatedly, with aim to see the Image Properties window … nothing happens.
- Waste several minutes pondering this; trying various different ways to activate the missing pop-up.
- Ahhhh - there it is … it’s hiding behind/beneath the undocked Image Browser !!!
Solution: The Image Properties window should always appear “on top”.