Fine contrast in the local adjustments

Sorry, I don’t find this long wishlist for PhotoLab 5 and I’m afraid that it is already too late. The list should be pinned at the top.
What I really would like to have is the fine contrast in the local adjustments. The micro contrast is not enough and sometimes the worse choice. I could use the fine contrast more often.

well, while I like the idea (and maybe realized in later versions) the “Fine contrast” slider acts as
master of …
Screen Shot 09-27-21 at 02.18 PM

2 Likes

I agree that the fine contrast adjustments should be available for local adjustments, the are far more refined in their action than the micro contrast.

But, until DxO can separate the palettes and sliders from the selection point, things like this will only serve to make the “equaliser” even bigger and more unwieldy. There have already been requests for the colour wheel as well, but that is never going to happen on the equaliser - better by far to put all adjustments on the right panel or a floating one.

With PL7’s new approach to local adjustments, this objection is now moot. DxO should add fine contrast to the local adjustments.

Given the current approach, this would require buying FP7, of course. Fine contrast should be a standard part of PL, but that’s a separate item.

1 Like

The availability of fine contrast in local adjustments may be something that will be eventually added. In PL 7 moving the LA equalizer features to the side panels was mostly a port of the features that already existed. However, since fine contrast has always been a feature in FilmPack, accessing it from Local adjustments may still require a separate license.

Mark

It is very likely that this new local adjustment interface is just a first step to incorporate easily other tools in it (and maybe create a real layer system ?).

1 Like

Yes it is a first step to adding other tools, but I doubt very much it will morph into the type of layer system you are hoping for anytime soon.

Mark

I don’t hope for anything anymore now. I’m just looking to see what’s happening.
I’ve come to appreciate the speed of this software’s development.

Second this, fine contrast is pretty useful in getting the most out of a desperate night sky.
Could have been applied to only the sky but without that in local adjustment it is not possible.

1 Like