Filmstrip behavior in Library and Customise sections

Can anyone explain why the filmstrip scrolls differently in the two sections, vertically in Library and horisontaly in Customise. Also why are there 2 different methods of setting the size (height) of the strip. It is a pain in the bodypart I sit on.
Regards
Johannes Elkjaer Madsen

Welcome Johannes

It’s not the same behavior.
In Library mode you can see your photos on several lines.
In Customise mode, there is only one strip.

Click on the illustration to enlarge it
http://tuto.dxo.free.fr/EN/Efficacite/Efficiency.html#A2b_Vue_Grille

Pascal

Pascal, I think he understands that. I believe his question is why they are different, not how. For instance, DXO could have implemented the same film strip in both PhotoLibrary and Customize. The fact that they are implemented differently in each module never bothered me, but I guess some people prefer more consistency.

Mark

Discussed here: PhotoLab 3 - inconsistent filmstrip scrolling

I suggest the reason they’re different is because the scrolling methods correspond to the purpose of the different modes;

• in Library mode focus is on the images - - so, it’s possible to see many images at once with ability to scroll thru them vertically

whereas;

• in Customise mode focus is on making corrections to a specific image - with as much of the screen as possible given up to displaying the image currently being worked on … and simple ability to move between images via horizontal scroll … and even ability to hide the Image Browser altogether (Ctrl+F9)

John M

1 Like

When you scroll through images in Library mode it is to pick / select images for further life in Customise mode. You don’t pick easily from a big listing of (small) previews, and a rather small image presentation. On Windows, where I am, DxO should implement the Mac solution discussed elsewhere in this forum.
Regards Johannes Elkjaer Madsen

… but variable-sized :wink:
Pascal

Sure, but when you have set your image size to support picking you end up with just 1 line of filmstrip, and then vertical scrolling doesn’t make sense.
Regards Johannes Elkjaer Madsen

1 Like