Feeling disappointed but wondering if I'm just not using it right

Try SNS HDR - it gives natural results

1 Like

Beachscriber, what I do is export from DxO to TIFF (16 bit) file and then process that TIFF file in Affinity Photo.

John-M, DxO is a fine product but no single product does everything. So, I use DxO for what it does best for me and Affinity Photo what it does best for me (ie, blending photos, stitching panoramas, processing focus stacking, and using layers and masking. to name a few).

Peace

1 Like

Hmm, thanks @jeffholdgate, @ButchR that does look promising!

If you are just getting started with Affinity Photo there are a lot of good videos on YouTube put out by Affinity Photo and Affinity Photo Revolution. I found them to be very helpful.

Peace

If I remember correctly, Affinity doesn’t have control points and I use those a lot, although they don’t work for me as well as they did in Capture NX2.

Absolutely right, Affinity doesn’t have control points. And, it is really a matter of the tools that each software package offers. I use the control points in PhotoLab and Nik Collection (most of the time in Silver Efex Pro, Color Efex Pro and now Viveza). When I need to use layers and masking to blend photos or make corrections such as replacing or removing elements in a photo or the things I mentioned previously that gets done in Affinity Photo. And, although I really like what I can do with Affinity Photo, I would never think about using it for converting Raw files. For my money nothing beats PhotoLab for processing Raw files and sometimes I get done what a need to get done in PhotoLab alone.

Peace

1 Like