Features/improvments I'd like to see in PL

Even if there were no gap, the filter edges might leak some light into the image by conducting light that enters at the filter’s cut like in a (lousy) optical fibre. To prevent this, the edges of the filter should be painted black, something that e.g. Leica does in (some of) their lenses.

…which makes it an artistic image :grin:

Fortunately, Lee Filters provide a clip-on black plastic edge that you mount the film in :sunglasses:

:roll_eyes: :flushed: :joy:

I assume the blur in the grass is due to the excessively long exposure time, and perhaps a small breeze? It does now look infraredish though. I think you paid a lot less for that filter than I paid for my filters.

Now you need to find some spot to put the infrared capability to use, with camera on tripod, and set up perfectly. I don’t know how you will be able to focus it though - for me, I had to experiment, as the focusing marks on the lens no longer apply. I went out to my balcony, then shot one image at infinity, then more shots for each of the markings on the lens depth of field scale. As I recall, if I put the infinity mark on the focusing ring right over the f/11 or f/8 mark on the camera, I got the best results - I put a red dot there between those two settings, which is what I now use for “infinity”.

I suspect you did focus, but your focus information is all for white light, not infrared.

I can take a photo of my 35mm 7Artisans lens, to show you where the new “infinity” mark is. It’s much more of a correction than I expected, but I think the 7Artisans lens just turns more than I expected. With my old cameras and lenses in the 1970’s, there was a tiny “R” marked on the lens, to show the infinity marking for infrared. I can send you a photo of that too, if it would be helpful.

May a small detail/feature on Face detection:

1. Option to ‘turn off’ (disable) the ‘Face detection’ in the ‘Smart Lighting → Spot Weighted’.
    Face detection, its okay, but i like to add manually with the tool if needed. I also use the tool some percent (like 5-7% on photos) when no face at all - and its scan thru for nothing.
  2. Smaller selection in ‘Face detection’ auto finded ‘selected box’ → i found (so, my personal point) usually its select a bit too large (the selected box), its more select the ‘head’ then the face. May with some percentage settings for that to shrink a bit. Example: if photo is 5000x4000px and the detected face is 1000x1000px, the selection box is can be smaller - like 75% (25% reduction of the original box), may with some non linearization based on detected width/height, like: if the detected face is only 400x400px, its may can shrink to 90% (10% percent reduction).