Feature request. Exporting on Windows

Hi, thanks for the opportunity to post on the forum.

I am converting from Mac to Windows, at about the same time Photolab 3 was released. (I’ve been using Photolab since before version 1). Probably not ideal, but I had no options.

I’ve noticed a difference in the EXPORT capability between Mac and Windows. I really like the way the Mac version allows EXPORT to a subdirectory beneath the picture’s own directory. For example, I only export to JPG and having a JPG directory under the picture’s own directory is very logical and provides an easy way to relate an export to its source file.

Is it possible to put this capability into the Windows version please.

With kind regards,

Kevin Johnson

Maybe this thread can help: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4227070

2 Likes

See here :
http://tuto.dxo.free.fr/EN/Efficacite/Efficiency.html#C10_Exporter_les_photos
Output parameters

2 Likes

Hello @Kevin,

Welcome to the forum!
Yes, it’s possible to set a custom folder for export:

PhotoLab_2019-12-27_12-47-28

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Hi Svetlana,
Many thanks for your very quick response. I did actually find this option before I posted, but it is pretty unwieldy and inconvenient when compared to the way that DxO for Mac works.

DxO for Mac allows the option to automatically create and use a JPG subfolder under the original directory holding the picture’s original file.

I would love to see that feature duplicated in the Windows version.

Regards,

Kevin J

2 Likes

Okay, got it. Yep, the “Subfolder” option is really missing in Win version. If you want it in Windows you should at least vote for it :wink: And then we’ll see how many users will support this request.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Yes, Kevin, this is easily done in the Win version too.

The ‘dot back-slash’ means; “Beneath the current directory” create a sub-folder named “DxO”.
DxO_Export

Select the Custom Folder option and then simply type this string into the Path field.

John M

This is exactly how I’m doing it right from my very starts with OpticsPro (Version 8, IIRC)…

I think this is just a documentation issue. An appropriate sentence could/should be added in the “export to disk” section of the user manual and the votes for this feature request can be released.

Tilmann

Yes. @sgospodarenko might be able to action this for us …

John M

Fantastic, many thanks John.

Have a happy new year!

Kevin J

1 Like

Hello guys,

Yep, I can close the post to release the votes. But there is really a difference with Mac as they’ve got a separate option for that to make it clear for the users and we do not have even a mention in the Help.

So I’ll close the request and send a message to Dev team.

Thank you,

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes