Feature Request - auto advance when culling

I would like to be able to flag an image and have it auto advance to the next image.

Jerry: See here.

John M

Thank you, I am aware of FRV, I do not wish to use yet another program. I am currently using LR Classic to import from card and I like smart collections. I prefer PL 3 for culling using the 9 key and would like it to auto advance instead of having to advance with the right arrow key. I use PL for everything else occasionally with Nik.

If you exclude the red flag from the filter the auto advance should work. Otherwise it may the the same issue as described here; Image filter selection includes images not marked for the selected filter

It does indeed work that way, thank you very much. However I have just discovered that if I uncheck rejected images and view/cull in grid view when hitting the 9 key it tags the image as rejected and leaves it in place. If I first click on an image and reject it it does auto advance but also removes the image. Then when I then uncheck untagged all the rejected images are displayed to delete.

It’s strange. In the library view as well as in the customise view, I can’t find a combination of selections and key strokes where the rejected picture is not immediately removed from the view. If I click on the picture before I press 9 or if I don’t doesn’t make a difference.

I work on MacOS. Perhaps it works different on Windows?

Update: You are correct, I just checked the process again, in both Library and Customize view, pressing the 9 key does invoke auto advance and removes the rejected image. It appears that I was incorrect in my analysis previously or relaunching PL corrected the issue. I will continue to monitor this. Thank you for your help. I am on OSX Catalina.

Christian and @jerrysdean43

You can do it :wink:

• Uncheck the filter option: “Show rejected images” (red light)
    Pascal

http://tuto.dxo.free.fr/EN/Efficacite/Efficiency.html#A4_Filtrer_laffichage_des_photos

Thanks, Pascal. That was clear so far. Only the issue is that seemingly under certain unclear circumstances the currently selected picture is not removed immediately from the view when you press 9. Then you have to navigate to another picture manually.

See also the linked conversation.

1 Like

However I have just discovered that if I uncheck rejected images and view/cull in grid view when hitting the 9 key it tags the image as rejected and leaves it in place.