Extremely slow UI responses when using DeepPRIME

Actually I know for a fact that DxO staff monitors this site regularly. However, they are very selective with their responses.

Mark

To my mind if they do its even more depressing they actually take so little notice of whats being posted.

I’m pretty sure they read this forum, and probably some people who respond to this forum are from dxo team.
But for their mental health it’s better for them to remain incognito.

1 Like

Choosing not to respond to most of the posts here is not the same thing as taking little notice.

Mark

Absolutely!

It’s still a very strange way to operate though because it sends all the wrong signals to their user base.

1 Like

I agree. However, one of the reasons they do not respond to many posts is that it avoids getting into protracted discussions/arguments with passionate users regarding existing features and desirable new ones. The kind of participation some here want to see would open the flood gates. Any discussion of short-term or long-term plans could easily be taken by users as a promise to deliver. In reality short and long-term plans are fluid and may be altered significantly as things evolve and priorities change.

Mark

True, but Serif manage to contribute to their Affinity forum without (apparently) suffering from that sort of pain so it can be done.

3 Likes

Anything is possible.

Mark

JFTR: The autoresponse with the ticket number is exactly one month old now - and still there is not any reaction from DxO.

Note that this is about a confirmed bug which is several months old.

I don’t have any words for this behaviour. Just unbelievable. :frowning:

DxO is SANS Serif

How could users be unhappy with a such quality software at that price ? (photo part of it. Don’t know other parts).

Quite easily, ‘users’ are just people and it’s well known that, “You can’t please all of the people all of the time.” However, the discussions I’ve seen on the forum stay civil and Serif regularly respond with constructive input.

2 Likes

I think it stays civil because it’s so open. The Managing Director of Serif posts regularly on the forum and everyone knows why features are introduced etc and importantly Serif will role back or change features following user feedback or simply explain why something has to be. Takes all of the potential issues away.

1 Like