Export to Gimp

I went to File - Export to Application but I have no idea what command to enter to have Gimp load with file (tif). Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I’m only using Gimp layers to be able to add a border around my photos to match instagram’s ratios. Also using Gimp for background replacement.

G’day Riverman.

When you click on Export to Application, the pop-up screen you get asks you where to export to … and provides a “Browse” button to allow you to go hunting for the target application.

To find (something like) Gimp.exe try looking in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86)

John M

1 Like

Gracias John.

I entered C:\Users\aiden\AppData\Local\Programs\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.10.exe in Export to and it then displays the program name. Export to appliction does not work

I tried this as well, but this does work on my Windows machine. Gimp opens correctly and prompts me to ask which Tiff page to open.

I assume your Gimp installation works properly? Which version of Gimp are you on?

The program is in c:\program files\gimp2\bin\gimp-2.10.exe in my case. Not under users…
If you’ve a shortcut to gimp, stand on it with the mouse, right click, properties. There the adress is shown.

George

Thanks for your response. I’m using version GIMP 2.10.32 (revision 1) and Dxo Photolab v5.5.0 build 4770 Elite.

Ok sort of found the problem. Background I keep my files and the dxo database on an external drive created by another computer. I usually launch DXO Photolab as administrator to be able to write files.
For some reason gimp now loads but hangs trying to access file. If I use local files everything works ok and gimp loads the file direct from dxo (no need to run as administror).
Now I just have to figure out how to make external drive accessible like a local drive.