Edit logos and brands out of photos

Is there any way to edit logos and brands out of photos, that one wants to sell under a commercial license? The repair tool doesn’t seem to be the most suitable for this purpose.

Thank you!

Hello Valentina,

Well you are talking about watermark, right? Right now it’s not possible but we have a request on that in the backlog.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Hi Svetlana,

Thank you for your reply.
I mean brands, in this context and for this purpose: https://www.eyeem.com/blog/photo-editing-for-eyeem-market-101/

It will be great to see some simple clone tool or something similar for situations where brands cannot be avoided while shooting, and have to be removed afterwards. Nothing too complex or too heavy. It would be a shame if DxO Photo Lab would turn into some “crazy” tool for photo manipulation.

Thank you again.
Regards,
V.

Okay, got it :slight_smile:

Right now you’ve got only Repair tool but we have in plans something like clone tool.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

I think using ‘Local adjustments’, the brush tool, and blur will accomplish what you are trying to do. This may leave noticeable artifacts, though, rather than blank space.

1 Like

Like the linked page says, “There are a wealth apps out there available” which can already achieve that. After PL gave me the best possible image quality out of my RAW I would pick one of these to start painting a picture if required.