DxO specific favorites needed

Hi,

The user’s Favorites shown in the source browser are not necessarily the favorites folders used when working in DPL. I think that an internal Favorites section (beside the Folders and Projects sections) to which favorites could be added from the Folders section would be useful.

… and especially a paste functionality from a path copy of file explorer!

I agree entirely. Have mentioned this elsewhere. I would like to be able to reduce the clutter that is created by having all folders visible.

1 Like

I am not understanding the point of the Favorites category.
My favorites, for some reason, include the entire Home folder.

2 Likes

I’m unclear about this. Where is there a Favorites option in the PhotoLibrary tab. I see nothing about favorites in the Windows version of PL 2.2

Mark

Those are apparently Mac only features. Here is what the Windows version looks like. Its very different

But you do have Favorites in your list.

That’s just a specialized folder in Windows 10. It has nothing to do with PhotoLab. It can have any type of file from any type of application and is not specific to the needs of a photo editing program. By default every folder on my drive seems to be visible in Photolab. I just collapse the ones with no images. I thought you were talking about a favorites feature built into Photolab.

Mark

I See now that Favorites in PL is in fact a reflection of what I have selected globally in the Finder sidebar.
So, anyway, I agree with the original post.
Sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

Not a problem. Unfortunately, there are a number of differences between the Mac and Windows versions of PhotoLab. I am not surprised by the difference in look and feel, and perhaps functionality, in the PhotoLibrary.

Mark

The original comment is correct: most of my favorites in Finder have nothing to do with my picture editing folders.

Creating and managing a favorite section in PL could also be an opportunity to bring the Mac and Windows versions closer together.

As much as I like good integration with the OS, this is a misguided example.

1 Like