DxO Software - New Cameras & Lenses support (16 April 2024 update)

From all this one might think that DxO have a better relationship with Canon than some other vendors. If that’s so, that’s good on canon - hopefully other vendors might consider their support. If I’m mistaken, then I’m not sure what to think.

Btw - I shoot canon R3, so I’m quite happy :-).

Bonjour Marie,
Please Pentax HD DA* 16-50mm/2.8 ED PLM AW.
Thank you
Michel

1 Like

Hello,

I’ll check all request for Pentax lenses and see what I can do.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Something I don’t understand: For the 105 Macro L-mount lens I can choose between 8 different bodies from 3 different manufacturers (4 Lumix, 2 Leica, 2 Sigma) and the 100-400 DG DN is also available for L-Mount. I don’t believe the optical formula is different, so why not allowing this lens also for L-Mount?

Hello @JoJu ,

Indeed optical formula is the sams and we tried to support both mount with 1 calibration but it turned out there are some issues with Exif parameters we need, especially focusing distance. So for now we have differenciate calibration.
But we plan to catch up on L-Mount support.

Regards,
Marie

Thank you for your reply @Marie. Are the EXIF parameters also responsible for the confusion of Sigma 35/2 C and Leica 35/2 APO? Never mind, I’m looking forward to see how far the catch-up goes. :grin:

that is what I find, specially with older bodies combined with newer lenses. Old body firmware does not necessarily report the complete lens designation and then, DxO has to draw conclusions from whatever info there is, be it in EXIF or other parts of the file.

Especially since the lens is delivering EXIF, but the camera might also redirect some entries (depending on manufacturer combination of body + lens. I saw that in two apps (Excire and PhotoStatistica).

That one is sorted after lens manufacturer

And that one is sorted after lens model. Sigma hides their company name in a different field.

It must be an ongoing nightmare to get around in all these different proprietary naming systems. Lens and camera companies also alter their naming systems, I assume.

Here’s what Excire sees
And here are some extractions of EXIFtool (in GraphicConverter)

Objektiv-ID (=lens-ID?) appears to be sort of common sense?

And Nikon also uses “lens maker”, other companies less so.

Imagine how easy life were, if there were an EAN code or MAC address etc. for each lens and camera model…

Btw, If you check raw files with a hex editor, you’ll see all kinds of repetitions of information that can include a full lens description and parts thereof.

I just used Graphic Converter to insert metadata into pictures made with a Laowa lens. As interesting as their products are, but no EXIF is a pita. How could I know the differences?

“lens”, “lens model” and for what is “lens info”? My impression is, every manufacturer has it’s own recipe.

Thank you. Any plans to also add the Canon EF 800 f/5.6? Thanks, Scott

1 Like

Dear users,

Today, 27th April 2022, we are releasing support for new lenses in our software.

Don’t forget you can look for cameras and lenses supported on DxO Supported Cameras & Lenses and make suggestion if needed.

Here is the list of lenses we support now.
For micro 4/3

• OM SYSTEM 20mm F1.4 ED PR

For Nikon

• AF-S Nikkor 300mm F4E PF ED VR with AF-S TC-14E III
  • AF-S Nikkor 300mm F4E PF ED VR with AF-S TC-20E III
  • Nikkor Z 28mm F2.8 (SE)
  • Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm F3.5-6.3 VR

For Canon and Sony if you have an adaptator ring

• Canon EF 400mm F2.8L IS III USM
  • Canon EF 400mm F2.8L IS III USM with EF 1.4x II
  • Canon EF 400mm F2.8L IS III USM with EF 1.4x III
  • Canon EF 400mm F2.8L IS III USM with EF 2x III
  • Canon EF 600mm F4L IS II USM with EF 1.4x II
  • Canon EF 600mm F4L IS II USM with EF 1.4x III
  • Canon EF 600mm F4L IS II USM with EF 2x III
  • Canon EF 600mm F4L IS III USM
  • Canon EF 600mm F4L IS III USM with EF 1.4x II
  • Canon EF 600mm F4L IS III USM with EF 1.4x III
  • Canon EF 600mm F4L IS III USM with EF 2x III
  • Canon RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM
  • Canon RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM with RF TC 1.4x
  • Canon RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM with RF TC 2x
  • Canon RF 600mm F4L IS USM
  • Canon RF 600mm F4L IS USM with RF TC 1.4x
  • Canon RF 600mm F4L IS USM with RF TC 2x

Regards,
Marie

6 Likes

Hello again,

Here is a bit of forecast,

We will support soon

• Parrot ANAFI Ai
  • Parrot ANAFI
  • OM System OM-1
  • Panasonic GH6

We are also working on the Leica M11 and Canon R5C but I can’t say yet if they will be part of the next camera support release or the one after.

We are also working on these lenses, DxO Optic modules will be released in June or July.

• Fuji XF 23mm F1.4 R LM WR
  • Fuji XF 50mm F1.0 R WR
  • Nikkor Z 24-120mm F4 S
  • Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C (Fuji X)
  • Tamron 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD (B061) (Sony E)
  • Tamron 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD (B061) (Fuji X)

Regards,
Marie

11 Likes

hello,
still not the Sigma 150-600 DG DN OS Sport in Sony FE mount :sob:

Hello,

@Raisin54, the Sigma 150-600 DG DN OS Sport in Sony FE mount is in our planning, I don’t have a date of support yet. Here I’ve just provided what is on our short roadmap.

@ScottVincent, I’ll add the Canon EF 800mm F5.6 to the roadmap.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Marie,
does DXO already have a plan for the Viltrox lenses on the Nikon Z mount?
Unfortunately, Viltrox is one of the few companies that can supply lenses for the Nikon Z mount!!!

@Marie

VERY happy for supporting this combination

which also recognizes my AF-S TC-14EII + AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

How soon is soon? :slight_smile:

@rwerp I can’t say yet, sorry.

@jpwieseth , I’ll add Viltrox lenses to my roadmap but it’s not at short term as we have a lot of other lenses to catch up with first.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Hi Marie,

thanks for this new update and so glad to hear the profile for OM System OM-1 is on its way.

Would you also anticipate to release the long waited profiles for M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150-400mm f4,5 TC1,25 IS Pro with either TC1.4x or TC2.0x ?

always pleased to hear and
keep safe
Vic