DxO PL5 is missing simple, VERY important features and it's very frustrating

Yes IF it is pixel based. Tiff or jpeg. DxO PL works in a modes that demosiacing is realtime effected by some of the correction tools so every flip or skew or rotation is a next step of the ladder after demosiacing. (you don’t want a sluggy preview do the fact that has 10 steps after pixalizing to apply.) If i am right in memory they first needed a compleetly new preview engine and working colorspace so they can build on that frame al other bells and whistles. And the deepprime’s algoritm and microcontrast and other first base corrections are have to be changed too in that new colorspace (also a old request.) and preview engine.
So with that in mind the last 2 years are quite buzy for them.
I am with PL from the start and every time they had a gift on the new version which looked not really important but after a wile it was an other brick in the wall.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow… PL6 just came out with no requested quality of life improvements from their users.
An “upgraded” DeepPrime engine, a clone tool, better… colours?, soft proofing mode, and… an improved file manager with colour flags, expanded metadata, and now you can have project subfolders.

No grid overlays, no comparing 2 images, no customizing the hotkeys, no rotating, no flipping images horizontally/vertically. And I’m not complaining that they’re not granting my wishes, as I pointed out there have been many people in many threads asking for these features. AND it still fails to deliver on DxO’s promises and is practically false advertising. This is not a complete, end-to-end RAW photo editing software. It’s lacking in a lot of key areas and they are outright ignoring us, their customer base that takes the time to give them feedback.

And they expect people to “upgrade” from PL5 to PL6 for $99? Why? What’s the incentive, if they won’t fix any of the issues we’ve requested for the launch of a major update, PL6?

3 Likes

Two of your original bullets have been addressed. It’s not much but two is more than none.

Forgive me if I missed them, I only saw a quick review from Peter Forsgard and read the DxO PL6 ad in their website and didn’t see anything, but I haven’t upgraded nor used it myself. Which 2 bullets were addressed?

This is a fair, general point;

It’s somewhat baffling that DxO don’t pick-off some of the simpler requests (with a high level of support) and include a few of them in each new release.

Here’s just one such example … with 46 user votes (at time of writing).

John M

5 Likes

Actually they did address flipping images but it requires a license to Viewpoint 4 to access that feature in PhotoLab 6.

Mark

2 Likes

Hi John

like TomDX wrote these two are also long time adressed points.
And the new deep primexd in my opinion isn’t a game changer for a non professional like me not taking many photos with high iso.

I will make some more test with the new repair tool and other little changes, but at the moment I will stay with version5, and also wait for all the statements for DAM functioons.
Did not have time to test by myself.

best regards

2 Likes

Each user gives a different importance to the various characteristics, for example the library does not interest me because I use another program for DAM function., I have no interest in comparing two images, in customizing hotkeys or using PL with jpegs, but I appreciate DeepPrime XD and the new wide color space, they are valuable features for me
From the list in the first post I would like only the possibility to move local adjustments and maybe an auto-mask

3 Likes

Dear @Gianpaolo64

that is correct and I agree, but then we could also save the whole topic FR :innocent:

HEIC an Apple ProRAW where is it??? DXO that’s stupid…

1 Like

Asking the same question in different, unrelated threads is not the way to get anything done. These are primarily user forums. You will get more attention you write directly to DxO.

8 Likes

I did, but DXO is not very interested in the wishes of its customers.
maybe one of the decision makers is reading here.

Yes and tomorrow the sun will rise in the west :clown_face: :rofl:

4 Likes

you are 100 percent right :wink: