DxO PL3 Context Switching - 3.1.3 Build 48

The latest PL3 build exhibits a highly annoying feature. On my MB Pro (16GB memory) running under Mojave, when context switching from PL3 to some other app (any app, even tiny ones like Calculator), and then back to PL3, it does not appear for 10 to 15 seconds. In that interval, I see a spinning beach ball but no other visual cues or changes.

This is really painful. I switch back and forth from PL3 during editing and processing, and this lengthy interval is a complete waste of time. It’s long enough to wonder if something is wrong. PL3 never did this before, and no other app does it. I cleared out cache; should I delete the database too? Does anyone else notice this?

My machine may be part of the problem?
MacBookPro, Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 1 Processor, 4 Cores, 256K L2 Cache (per Core), 6 MB L3 Cache, 16GB Memory 16mm MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB … if it helps.

@RexBlock, can you see any signs of swapping in activity monitor?

No real change in Activity Monitor at all. It is almost completely constant on Memory=1.32GB, Compressed Memory Zero, bytes written and read unchanged. CPU time creeps up a bit during the context switch, but not alarmingly so.

It really does not seem to be thrashing at all. It might be a graphics issue? This Mac has a standard configuration and is certainly common in the world of Mac Books. All I see is that the OS does not present the application for a good 10-15 seconds.

Same here for my Mac - even more powerfull than the machine from RexBlock.
In Activity Monitor, within disks, PL3 are reported after about 5 seconds as “not responding”. After this, back to normal …