DXO PL 4 doesn't seem to support rhe Sony A7R IVA RAW files

It is possible that somebody in the DXO support team hasn’t seen that Sony has released a new version of the A7R IV. The bew model name is: A7RM4A
This seems to make a difference when DXO PL 4 reads the EXIF file and seems to refuse to recognize the RAW format. This has been verified by an EXIF knowledgeable person who reported this in another forum.
Other applications like AFFINITY or Sony’s own Imaging Edge work fine with the new Sony model…
Can DXO fix this quickly please? Could be a minor intervention which has a huge impact on users of the application who actually are left stranded and have stopped working !

2 Likes

Yes, the DxO team is aware of the A7R IV A and that it’s not supported yet in PhotoLab and PureRAW. It was discussed in another thread in this forum:

You can request support for the camera/lenses here:

Supported Cameras - DxO

You can also try modifying a RAW file using ExifTool (if your OS can run it) to see if that convinces PhotoLab to treat the file as if it were taken with the A7R IV.

1 Like

Thank you,
I have tried the ExifTool directly via the Terminal and by using the SetExifData UI (which in turns uses the ExifTool) but something makes that it doesn’t work. I have changed all the occurrences of AIVa to AIV but I may have missed something else.
At the moment I’m looking at using a temporary workflow involving Affinity and Sony Imaging Edge applications while shooting at low ISO so that I don’t need to use the Deeprime / PureRAW functionality. The alternative would be to go over to LR and PS (which support A7RIVa since June) but that would mean a new learning curve. I’m waiting to see if I can get a date for the changes to incorporate A7RIVa from DXO…
Best regards,

1 Like

You need to set the camera to ILCE-7RM4 with Exiftool

It should work. I did this with Sony A1 files before the A1 was officially supported and it also worked on the A1 files.

1 Like

Thank you Greg and MikeR,

Yes it does seem to work now. Late last night with the help of 2 forum members of AlphaDXD we made it work. The reason it didn’t seems to be that Photolab was still active between the 2 trials I made. When I instead turned off Photolab and restarted it worked.
So this seems to a good temporary solution and I will make a donation to the people who developed the two tools (ExifTool and the SetExifData GUI) because they really save time for us, the users.

Best regards and thanks again for your contribution,
Roger

2 Likes

Hello,

we have added the Sony A7R IV A to the roadmap.

I’ll keep you updated for its support.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

This thread is over a month old. I purchased DXO software previously and spend a good sum of money. Will this PoS software ever support newer cameras such as this Sony? This is getting to be unacceptable. If you are going to charge hundreds for the products you push, you should support the new technologies. I’m sure you knew about it before it was even announced or available for retail. SMDH! And NO, I’m not willing to edit thousands of EXIF files. At least revert back to an older camera version. I’m sick of seeing error messages and not able to edit anything. I might as well delete the software and you should issue refunds.

2 Likes

Marie,
Thank you for letting me know that my camera is on your Roadmap…
Today is September 29 and still no confirmation as to the availability date. The camera remains unknown to the DXO PL4 software when I try to find the avilability date. Meanwhile
I contacted people I know within Sony and they claim that you have not contacted them. If they’re correct on this info and If your development group had contacted them, maybe you would have found out that there is no difference between A7RIV and A7RIVA as far as DXO Photolab 4 is concerned.
Do you have more updated info on the availability date?
Thanks in advance for new updated info.
Roger

1 Like

Dear Marie,
Today is October 25th, 4 months of waiting and still no news as to if and when SONY A7R M4A will be supported as a camera model.
You have just released version 5 of PhotoLab and no mention of this camera model which is Sony’s latest R model since June 2021.
I’m waiting to upgrade until I hear from you.
Should I lose faith and stop waiting? Please let me know.

1 Like

Hello,

yes, PhotoLab 5 is not supporting A7R IVA yet. It will come soon.

Regards,
Marie

3 Likes

Marie, Thank you for your answer.
I will wait and see. When I see, I buy, not before.
Best regards,
Roger

1 Like

The update you where waiting for has just been published.
Your Sony A7R IVA is NOW supported in PhotoLab 5.0.2.

Steven.

1 Like

Heheheh. Typo! I assume you meant “now” :smiley:

1 Like

:man_facepalming:
Fixed, thanks :smiley:

Steven.

1 Like

StevenL,
Many thanks for the update notice and the fix to this problem which now makes the post-production work much easier for us.
Thank you to you and your colleagues who helped out.
Roger

2 Likes

OK here goes… Bought DXOPR a few months back for use with my Canon 7DMK2, worked perfectly. I then made the jump to Sony’s new A7R4(A) and now i can no longer use the software. Bummer.
I do some digging and find this thread and can clearly see it’s been ongoing for some time for lots of others with no known fix. unless I’m missing something? Please help. I’m a windows user, NOT Mac so changing exif data etc isn’t really for me.

Good morning @jimbo and welcome to the forum!

• Well, this thread is about PhotoLab and this body is supported by PL4 and PL5 already. If you have a problem with PureRaw, please report it in this section - DxO PureRAW - DxO Forums as these 2 products have no connections with each other.

Regards,
Svetlana G.