DxO PhotoLab4 Error/Crash/Closes at startup

Hello,

My DxO PhotoLab 4 crasher at startup with error code in screenshot.

A1F05CC4-A755-44BE-ABB6-C5E7B6F4C156

I installed clean studio drivers for geforce, and newest directX, no help.
It just crashes at startup.

Any one has idea what to do?
Please Help.

Thank You for reading this.
Sincerely
Andy

Hello @andyaly and welcome to the forum,

Please, create a ticket at support.dxo.com and provide your logs there ( Log files – %UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 4 logs) .

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Hello Svetlana,

Thank You for response, I have already submitted a ticket for DxO, but didn’t get answer yet. That problem is pretty common in previous versions, i saw a lot of forum topics about it, but none about DxO PL 4, so it’s good to keep conversation online on forum, to let others see solutions. IF I will get answer i will share, but right now, i can’t use it.

Thank You,
Sincereley,
Andrew

Hello,

• You will get the respond, please just wait a bit. As for the crash itself - the reasons can be very different and that is why your logs are necessary.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

I understand it can be complex. Thank You for response, looking forward for response from support and sharing my experience.

Sincereley,
Andy

So DXO wrote me with instructions, mainly update:

-graphic card driver
-net framework update
-directx update
-newest DXO version download

I have done all , but no succes, still error at startup and crash/close. I can’t see the reason, i know DXO is sensitive to some other programs. Maybe anyone had isssues like me? And know solutions or any super sensitive programs for DXO Photolab 4? I am waiting for response from DXO, but post on forum to give an image of situation and share hints also what to do first af all.

Regards,
Andy

Hello there Greg :slight_smile:

Well, thank You kindly for Your tip, pretty strange it was colliding, but unfortunately that won’t help for me, coz I already use that specific color space in the Windows Color System Defaults :stuck_out_tongue:
Still, good hint, i guess there can be something so small like this what You wrote and it’s hard to find, that’s why posting on forum is important to share. I have read about many people being
surprised how small was the thing causing error.
Only thing I can think of is my Microsoft Visual C++ causing DXO Photolab 4 error, coz i got few of them from different years as needed for some programs to run. But i dont want to uninstall them yet, as I will crash few programs by that. That would have to be one of dramatic, ultimate steps to check what is causing error.

Cheers Greg and good luck
Andy

Well, seems I will stuck with runing DXO Photolab 4 on my Windows 10, as I tried totally everything I can think of, have read a lot and tested many types and ways of installing components like Direct X, Framework, including installing old versions, fresh install also. Nothing helps, it just keeps crashing, an issue i didn’t have with DxO 3. Maybe I will be forced to drastic step of refreshing windows to the fresh install state in order to check if it will run :confused: I updated all that can be, including windows and removed things like additional components of geforce drivers and leaving only driver. DxO has very good e mail service, responding quickly, but they have asked me to scan whole system and send log file of the whole system , but I am not permitted to perform this operation on the computer I work on.

If anyone had the issue of DxO Photolab 4 crashes, can’t run, error, crash at startup, please write me on this forum account.

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy

I’m having a similar (but not identical) issue - I’ve recently installed PL4 but cannot get past the start up. I get the DXO PL4 splash screen, and the main screen for the program, then a DXO error reported application appears but gets pushed into the background. At that point none of the DXO PL4 windows (Splash screen, main program or error reporter) are active and need to be closed by Task Manager.

I submitted a report to DXO support (with screen shots, log files) who responded with a pretty generic reply to reinstall, make sure everything is up to date etc which is what I’d expect for a 1st response from support. Windows, drivers etc all up to date, plenty of CPU/Disk/RAM etc. My GPU (GForce 710) is significantly underpowered but that should not stop the program from starting up.

However, the error log always has the same error issue which is failure to load ‘Dop.Correction.Crop.resources’. A dll file (Dop.Correction.Crop.dll) is in the resource folder of the install.

I wondered if this was the same error which you have in your log file? I’m go back to support but while I wait for them I’m trying to find a fix! If you have the same error in the log then it may help DXO support to know that it’s not just me. Perhaps we can help support resolve both of our issues.

FYI - Photolab 1,2,3 all work perfectly on this system as do various other photo editing programs which have GPU acceleration.

Thanks

Alistair C.

Hello Alistair C,

After close look I found the reason for DxO 4 crashing at startup.

The reason was : removing ‘This Pc’ from navigation pane of windows explorer (by using registry edit as it’s the only way) in Windows 10.

I checked it and restoring this pc to navigation pane, made DxO 4 work without a crash at startup.

Other things worth checking Alistair might be:

update DirectX, update net.framework, update graphic card driver (for geforce - studio driver) and install only driver.

In answer to Your error, mine was different , in log file it looks it was this:
DxO.PhotoLab - 8616 - 29 | WatermakHelper - Warn | ‘styles’ cannot be empty

Regards,
Andy

Thanks for the reply Andy.

I found the problem with my PL4.0 install. I’d tried uninstalling, reinstalling, checking .Net, Direct-x, Windows version, drivers etc to ensure everything was upto date and still had the problem.

I removed the database for Photolab 4, reinstalled and it worked. It had never launched fully so I’m not sure how it managed to put anything in the database which would cause it to hang on startup but after removing it from the roaming profiles area I’ve had no more problems. As expected PL4 simply created a new database on first run and since then all is good!

Alistair C.

1 Like

Hello Alistair C.,

Thanks for a post. Good to know it can be a cause like in Your case. By database, you mean you deleted all c/appdata/roaming/dxo folder or is it something else? It can be useful to know it just in case.

Regards,
Andy

Really - that was it ? … That seems quite inconsequential !!

John M

Hello John,

Well strange but real, yes that was it. I checked it, removed this pc from navigation pane - DxO 4 with crash, restored this pc to navigation pane - DxO 4 opens up properly.

Regards
Andy

1 Like

Hi,

I’m not at my Windows PC right now so can’t check exactly what the path was, but it was certainly in the
c:\users{username}\appdata\roaming folder.

Alistair C.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank You, that is the folder I expected :slight_smile:

Good to now in case of this situation ,

Regards
Andy