DxO Software - New Cameras & Lenses support (5 March 2024 update)

I checked and this lens does have electrical contacts. This would be a must for this lens because even though this is a manual focus only lens there is apparently no dedicated aperture ring. The aperture is set by the camera. Although I don’t know for certain I would assume that the contacts also mean that metadata is also passed to the camera. See the image for the Laowa below.

I would love to see PhotoLab add profiles for my manual focus Voigtlander Z mount D23mm f/1.2 Nokton and D35mm f/1.2 Nokton lenses, both of which have native electrical contacts for Nikon Z and Fuji X mounts. However, I’m not holding my breath.

Mark

1 Like

Good you checked @mwsilvers but still… even Laowa’s new Argus lenses: 6 lenses f/0.95, none of them transfers any EXIF-data. I have 3 Laowa lenses, their Macros are really good and still, every time I hate it to not see which aperture I used.

This 100/2.8 is also very good, it’s an APO lens and one of the sharpest macro lenses one can buy, also 2:1, so why on Earth would anybody need a lens profile for that? Oh, sure: Because their lens is manual focus only, so no automatic focus stacking, except with a rather expensive macro rail. Which comes with the inconvenience to use a tripod. Therefore stopping down beyond the realms of diffraction. And why should DxO fix that? Just asking…

1 Like

Agree. It has only moderate vignetting, very little barrel distortion, it is very sharp in the center and corners and well controlled chromatic aberration as a result of being an APO lens. I believe it is a bargain at its price. A lens profile would probably not add very much improvement.

Mark

I think so too. To me, the difference between the 65/2.8 APS-C and the Nikkor 105/2.8 (F-version) was simply incredible, in terms of contrast, sharpness and rendering the old Nikkor never stood a chance

PL 5.6.83 is out and finally Nikon D100 in!

Thanks a lot

Hello,

on 7th December 2022 we add support of new cameras and lenses for all of our products: PhotoLab 5 and 6, PureRAW 2, FilmPack 6, ViewPoint 4 and Nik 5.

See DxO Supported Cameras & Lenses for compatibility of Optic modules wit PhotoLab and PureRAW.

Cameras newly supported are

• Fuji X-H2
  • Nikon D100
  • Sony FX30

Lenses newly supported are

• Canon RF 15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
  • Fuji GF 20-35mmF4 R WR
  • Fuji XF 18-120mm F4 LM PZ WR
  • Fuji XF 30mm F2.8 R LM WR
  • HD Pentax- DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED PLM AW
  • M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO with TC x1.4 Zuiko (for Olympus, Panasonic modules will come in January)
  • M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO with TC x2.0 Zuiko (for Olympus, Panasonic modules will come in January)
  • Panasonic Lumix S 18mm F1.8
  • Tamron 20-40mm F2.8 Di III VXD (A062) - Sony FE
  • Tamron 50-400mm F4.5-6.3 Di III VC VXD (A067) - Sony FE
  • Tamron 70-300mm F4.5-6.3 Di III RXD (A047) - Nikon Z
  • Tamron 150-500mm F5-6.7 Di III VC VXD (A057X) - Fuji X
  • Zeiss Milvus 15mm F2.8 ZE and ZF.2
  • Zeiss Milvus 18mm F2.8 ZE and ZF.2
  • Zeiss Milvus 135mm F2 ZE and ZF.2

For January update we are working on 4 cameras

• Canon EOS R6 Mark II
  • Fuji X-T5
  • OM System OM-5
  • Sony A7R V

And some lenses

• Nikkor Z 17-28mm F2.8
  • Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | C - L-mount
  • Sigma 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN | C - Sony FE
  • Sigma 65mm F2 DG DN | C - Sony FE and L-mount
  • Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS S - Sony FE
  • Tokina ATX-M 11-18mm F2.8 - Sony E

Marie

7 Likes

Thanks Joachim. I don’t know lens tech, so I don’t know. But my lens aperture is controlled by the camera. I assumed there was some kind of comms between the two. I guess not.

I think you bought an excellent lens @deaddog with practically no need for a lens profile. Friend of mine has the same for his Sony and it really delivers even up to 60 MP. There is, as @mwsilvers pointed out, electrical exchange between camera body and lens, so you will at least see the aperture you shot with. :grinning: congrats!

1 Like

Hello,
What about Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS S - L-Mount???

It has already been addressed several times. The investments in DXO Photolab are starting to be questioned. I already wrote that I have many thousands of pictures which do not look good when developed.
greeting
Thomas

With the Update to 6.1 the profile is there: thanks.

1 Like

@Marie Any chance of an update on when we will get Deep PRIME XD for Fuji RAF files?

2 Likes

Any chance support for Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DNDG | Art will be added later?
It’s a very good lens for astro but suffers quite a bit from vignette, and maybe a bit of distortion (which is less relevant for astro then).

I see the old DSLR version (HSM) was supported, hopefully the new mirrorless version will also be added.

Hi Marie,

Thank you so much for having added modules for Zuiko 150-400mm F4.5 TC1,25x IS PRO with both TC’s
Always glad to hear
Vic

2 Likes

Yessss!!!

And to prove why it was worth the wait, here is a screenshot of part (just under ⅓) of one of my D100 6Mpx images, adjusted in PL5.6, exported to TIFF and then doubled in size to 24Mpx in Topaz GigaPixel. Then opened in Preview to 100% magnification…

At last! I can assemble this, along with its four companions, into a rather large panoramic.

4 Likes

Hi again, Marie

just installed all new Olympus / OM-D modules, all doing apparently well but I have a small problem with pictures taken with

M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO with TC x2.0 Zuiko

shot with both TC1.25x AND TC x2.0 (works fine with TC1.25x + TC 1.4x though)

PL6 (or 5) Elite does not invite to download this lens module, nor seem to apply it when installed manually, as if it was not detecting the lens combo,
no matter which camera was used, E-M1X or OM-1
Always pleased to hear
Vic

2 Likes

Hello VicM

Could you please upload a RAW/Jpeg including sidecars on upload.dxo.com under your forum name (instead of the support ticket number) and let me know when ready.

Hello Barbara-S

Thanks for your answer - just uploaded 1 ORF and its sidecar
Keep well
Vic

Currently, DxO supports 91’166 modules on 526 camera bodies.
I suppose that DxO will go beyond 100k modules soon…
:boom:

2 Likes

Wow, the optical module für RF 15-30 works great! Better than DPP. :-).
Thank you1

3 Likes

Hello @VicM

thanks for sharing your image, it helped to spot the issue:
LensInfo provided by the lens in the Exif is 375-1000mm f/11.2 but the aperture of the image is f/11.0
As f/11.0 is inferior to f/11.2), hat image is not accepted. Images with an aperture superior or equal to f/11.2 should be OK.

We are planning to fix it in the next quarter, but not yet for the next release.

1 Like