Situation: networked computers and remote access to photo library folders. I keep my photos on a large disk of a desktop computer, and want to edit from laptop or desktop.
What is the recommended setup for the database file and the cache file with networked computers and file servers. Digital asset management should be common, regardless of computer used.
Assuming cache files are local on each computer
- Is there a way to force coherency between the local cache files ?
- when multiple computers access the same photos, could there be any problem with caching ?
Common or unshared database files ?
- Should each computer have its own unshared database file ?
- Should a common database file be shared on the common file server ?
- If changes are made using one computer, will the changes be spreading to the other computer databases.