DXO Photolab 6.0.1 error code Internal Error (Error in Init)

Hello,

I have a single image that I can’t touch. If I go to an image on either side, I can customize them. The image displays for a second and then the preview screen goes blank and I get the error code Internal Error (Error in Init). Any thoughts on what is causing this and how to fix?

1 Like

Hi Jason and welcome,

It could be a lot of things, More info is needed.

• Are you on Mac or Win?
  • What camera are you using?
  • Are you using a reduced resolution or compressed RAW format?

It would be helpful if you could upload the photo to a file sharing service such as Dropbox and post a link to it here so that we can try to reproduce the error.

Dear Jason,

do you know differences between the buggy one and all the other ones. Did you get it from anybody, or do you have a folder with a mix of photos from different sources.

Maybe you can take a look at the Metadata to come closer to the problem

Guenter

Hi Rachel and welcome.

Very nice explanation for dealing with Android devices. However Photolab 6 is a desktop app and only works on either MacOS or WindowsOS and is incompatible with Android or IOS.

HI Mark, similar to the “Cannot Load Image Data” issue brought by TomWI today
(Error loading image "Cannot load image data" ), can you advise if this “Internal error (error in init)” thread’s issue was ever resolved?

I ran into this “init error” yesterday with four pictures out of a larger group of pix. I can open/edit all four pictures in Lightroom and Photoshop, and the pix do display in the “library” side of Photolab 6.3.1, but return the error when I move into the “customize” side.

NO RUSH, I have plenty of other pix to play with, but just refreshing in case others have this issue too. Thanks!

Hi Jayne. To my Knowledge this thread died out without resolution until you revived it. Could you please answer the questions here an upload one file that does work and the one that doesn’t work to a file sharing service such as Dropbox, WeTransfer, p-Cloud, etc. and post the link here so that we can download and test.

Thanks, Mark, for your reply. I use Windows 11 Pro, my camera is a Canon 5D Mark III, lens is a Canon EF70-300mm, same camera/lens were used for both pix. As for a reduced resolution or compressed RAW format, to my knowledge (guess), neither.

Link to the functional pic: Dropbox - 2023-01-20-216.CR2 - Simplify your life

Link to the non-functional pic: Dropbox - M27A1116.CR2 - Simplify your life

Hope you’re able to see these, I’m not a Dropbox expert by any stretch of the imagination. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Jayne. No problem with downloading. I’ll take a look at them.

Jayne, I’m having no problem loading either photo into PL 6.3.1 Win 10 Pro. I’m guessing that this is a database problem on your end. Try this test:
1.) Place a copy of “1116.cr2”(all by itself with no .dop nor any .xmp files) into a new folder that PL6 has never seen before named something like “Jayne’s Test Folder”. Rename file “1116.cr2” to “Test.cr2”. Do all this with PL closed.
2.) Open PL and point it to your new folder and see if it will load properly. If it does please let me know and we’ll talk about what to do next.

Hi Jayne,
downloaded both pics and the show up without problem in PL6.3.1 (the latest version for Windows).

Looking at “her” posting history, I believe this could be a spam bot and I have reported it as such.

@Joanna, I just read all three of her posts. What about them give you the impression she is a spam bot? They sounded like legitimate posts to me.

Mark

1 Like

I found five…

Most of which seem irrelevant to the topic and four of which are over a year after the topic was last touched.

Ahh, now I get it. We are talking about two different people. The five posts are related to @RachelGomez123. She posted in this thread last October. I thought you were referring to @jebierman with whom @rrblint has been recently conversing.

Mark

Hi @Joanna @mwsilvers @Wolfgang Yes I agree that @RachelGomez123 is a spambot but I’m pretty sure that @jebierman is a legitimate poster unless spambots have gotten much more sophisticated and have cameras. Her photos are copyrighted in her name in the EXIF.

1 Like

Hi all, nope, I’m not a spambot, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, no clue how - nor desire to be - one. That said, thanks for the test suggestion, Mark. I’ll test it in a little while here, once my coffee has circulated into my brain.

3 Likes

Mark, I had high hopes, database issue sounded logical, but sorry to report, after following your instructions, I still cannot open the file for editing. As before, the picture shows on the ‘PhotoLibrary’ tab, and in the little side picture and film strip on the 'Customize" tab. Tested a few tools, too, just for grins: no reaction to crop, ‘rendering error’ for presets, and “internal error (cannot prepare transform object)” for adjustments and Nik. This is weird. (PS: please note the lens was my EF 100-400, not the earlier EF70-300 I reported.)

Can you post a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing in both Photo Library and in Customize please?

Here you go, Mark. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/13r0sfk9kqtfgychkyerp/h?dl=0&rlkey=7v5fl2064b22wxlbojxhpn2tf

One screenshot of the Library page, one Customize ‘normal’ and one Customize with the bandaid tool selected, as it returns a different error.

Thanks Jayne, let me take a look at them.