DXO PhotoLab 4 Database Recreation Bootloop

Good day. I just upgraded my DxO to the latest version and installed it. After launching it, and I did have a previous version PhotoLab install I did my best to clean up the new version shows that it needs to recreate the database due to it being an old version. I’ve tried almost everything. Uninstalling, re-installing. Removing the .db files manually. Nothing helps. It continues to exit out, restart itself, and recreate those databases on an endless loop. Including a screenshot of this error. I would love some help with this please!

Good morning @ArielCelestia and welcome to the forum,

Well, I removed your screenshot as it contains your personal activation key. Please, address your problem to support.dxo.com

In the meantime, you can try to uninstall it, then remove (or moved outside this directory) the following files:
%LocalAppData%\DxO\DxO PhotoLab 4
%appdata%\DxO\DxO PhotoLab 4\Database
and try to install the application after that.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply Svetlana! Well, that’s unfortunate that the company puts my serial number on such display. Your support system doesn’t seem to be as quick as this forum though. So far I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, removing the .db files, copying over a healthy .db file from another fresh install on a test, clean system (which of course works, but I’d like to have your software on this well-used version of Windows :slight_smile:

Following your instructions, I’ve removed all contents in those directories. Cleaned up the installation via Revo Uninstaller and tried installing the software again. Sadly it presents the same issues on start-up as previously. Seems there are some sort of Registry issues from the leftovers of my old install as installing the same software package on a completely fresh throwaway Windows install goes just fine. Sadly that’s not an option for me as I have essential configurations and software on this one.

Then only support will be able to help you as it can happen the direct access to your machine and some other additional info will be necessary for the investigation.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Thank you for your time then.

You are welcome!