DXO PhotoLab 4 and 5 Crashes

My first crash came (Windows up to date with 21H2 and 4 and 5 with latest updates) when I tried to export a finished photo with DeepPrime. It crashed so hard, that I even could not reboot anymore and lost all USB connections. After I finally had restored the PC PhotoLab 4 even crashed after only opening the programm still without any photos opened. The same with version 5.
What went wrong and whar can I do now?

Hi @TechnoMax and welcome.

It is possible that the image is corrupted, and then each attempt to launch DPL mail fail.
You could remove from within the Explorer this image from its folder if you know its name, or rename it or rename the folder.
In that case, DPL should start again, as I’ve already experienced it once.

I tested the problematic RAW files also on my laptop (with DPL4). DeepPRIME was no problem. The laptop is also on Windows 10 Pro 21H2.

Probably it is not file corruption: I exported new some older ORF-RAW files, that I had successfully exported in the past . HQ and PRIME are no problem. DeepPRIME crashed every time I tried.
I also tried other photo apps, all worked as usual.
Copying the file got exactly the same crashes.

1 Like

Given that it wasn’t just PhotoLab that broke, and that you had to restore Windows, could there be something wrong with your Windows environment or PC? To rule that out, I suggest running the dism and sfc commands as an Administrator:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files (microsoft.com)

I also suggest running a virus/malware scan and making sure your video drivers and other system drivers are up-to-date.

Of course there can something be wrong with any Windows installation anytime. I never had a virus in decades on my PCs, they all are always on the latest updates regarding Windows (I am still on Windows 10 and cannot upgrade to 11 anyway) and drivers. As every other software is running fine, my PC did not crash for a long time, I still suspect, that is has something to do with DXO (but on the other hand DPL 4 works on my laptop).
DISM and sfc reprted no problems.

Good morning @TechnoMax and welcome to the forum!

Let’s start with your crash logs first (%UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 5 crashes and %UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 4 crashes).

Please, reproduce the crash and when the Crash window appears, press “Do not send” (in this case they will be stored locally).

Then upload them via upload.dxo.com

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

The problem is the graphics driver I presume: The UserBenchmark also always crashes in the 3D-Tests. But there seem to be no new drivers for my Intel integrated HD graphics 530, neither through Intel Driver Assist nor through Windows Update, nor from Gigabyte (my Motherboard is a Z170N-WIFI-CF)

I do not have folders “…crashes”. But folders “DxO PhotoLab 4 logs” and “DxO PhotoLab 5 logs”. When the programme crashes it simply crashes. There is no “Crash window”. But I have “DxO.PhotoLab.txt” files. Would these be useful?

I need a new PC, I am afraid: Even on a brand new Windows installation UserBenchmark as the only installed app crashed. As I cannot install a dedicated graphic card in my PC, I probably cannot do anything anymore.

• Yes, please. We will investigate them while you are thinking on buying a new PC :wink:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

The log files from brandnew crashesWird verarbeitet: DxO.PhotoLab4.txt …
Wird verarbeitet: DxO.PhotoLab5.txt …

Hmm… I can’t download them. Could you, please double check?

Regards,
Svetlana G.

I could not upload here as a new user. Here is a cloud link to the files:

Got them. Thank you. We’ll investigate…

Regards,
Svetlana G.