Dumb question

How does one create a new account for the Nik Collection so that we may actually buy it?

I have searched all over the site and can’t find a “create new account” option.

I’ve never encountered a site that makes it so difficult to actually buy the software.

1 Like

click buy and pay for it, as you fill up the form it will create an account, just make sure you don’t use the same email address.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, however I currently own version 2 of the Nik Collection and would like to upgrade. A person has to have an account with Dx0 to upgrade and my old credentials were not with Dx0 so they don’t work. They date back to when Nik was independent.

So I have no way to upgrade. I’m being forced to buy new. I can’t even ask Dx0 a question as its form doesn’t recognize my old product key.

It looks like Dx0 doesn’t want to recognize an upgrade to Nik software that dates back before they bought Nik.

From Wikipedia (edited):

• The collection was originally priced at $500,
    Google acquired Nik in 2015 and dropped the price to $150.[10]
  • On March 24, 2016, Google announced that they would make the Nik Collection free.[12][13]
  • Around May 30, 2017, Google announced that they have
    no plans to update the Nik Collection or add new features over time.[14]
  • On October 25, 2017, DxO announced the acquisition of the Nik Collection assets.[15]"

If you have a paid NIK key, it must be at least 5 yers old. I don’t know many companies granting reduced price upgrades from products that old. Currently, DxO offers Nik at a reduced price, but beware, DxO releases yearly paid upgrades that you don’t have to buy but might be tempted to buy…

Thanks, that’s what I thought. I had bought Silver Efex Pro when it was sold by Nik, then got the entire package from Google.

Looks like in for buying new.

You might like to look at this message on the DxO support site…

WARNING MESSAGE

General online Support is available only to customers who have purchased the paid version of the Nik Collection by DxO available since June 2018. Comprehensive support and software updates are only available for the newest release of Nik Collection by DxO, and those using the newest trial version.

Previous versions cannot be the subject of a request for assistance, because we have not developed them. However, you will find information on some of the known issues in the FAQs below.

For any stability issues, compatibility with the latest Adobe CC products and the latest Mac/Windows OS, and for future updates and our support, we strongly encourage you to purchase the latest version of the Nik Collection by DxO or to test our free 30 days trial version.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks. If I had seen that first, I wouldn’t have wasted everybody’s time.

I don’t think you wasted anyone’s time, otherwise no one would had replied.
It’s just helping people finding what slipped under their eyes to find what they’re looking for. True that DxO website can be confusing sometimes.