Drifting cursor in macOS 10.15 (Catalina)

I’ve been using DxO ViewPoint in macOS High Sierra and recently upgraded to Catalina. When I attempt to set the four points for a perspective adjustment, I typically position them roughly and then invoke the “slow cursor” capability by pressing the Shift key. In Catalina, when I move the cursor in this mode, it continues to drift past my designated position after I stop moving on the trackpad. Invariably, this drift spoils my ability to make a precise specification of the reference points for the perspective adjustment. I haven’t been able to find a way to stop this drift, which didn’t occur in High Sierra. Is anyone else seeing this? I’ve filed a trouble ticket, but I’m curious if I’m just missing something obvious.

A more precise statement would be that when you select slow movement in the cursor in DxO ViewPoint, the cursor is given so much inertia that it inevitably drifts past your targeted position. Turning off cursor inertia in the Accessibility settings doesn’t remedy this problem. I don’t know if Catalina includes a gesture that might eliminate the unwanted inertia, but it remains a definite problem for me.