DPL 2 + Nik collection without LR?

Hello,
I am looking for information …
I do not have a Ligthroom (and I do not wish to have it …)
Are nik collection plugins useful when only DPL 2 is available?
In other words, are the nik collection features already in DPL 2?
And is nik collection directly usable from DPL 2?
It’s not clear to me!
Greetings

The Nik plugins are not incorporated in PhotoLab, although there is an implementation of U Point masking. The Nik plugins do play nicely with PhotoLab and behave in much the same way as when used as a plugin in Lr.

To use the Nik Collection with PhotoLab 2 you have to use the Export to Application feature and then drill down to the executable program you wish to run. The feature currently allows a 5 entry history, shown in the first image, which may be enlarged at some point. You won’t have to drill down every time you use the feature if you run a limited number of external applications. There is currently no add-in directly to PhotoLab, but that may be a future enhancement. You can send images to \the Nik collection in TIFF, JPEG and DNG formats with different quality settings. i usually use 16bit TIFFs. Before transferring the file to Nik an exportable version is created. After exiting Nik click on the image in the image browser which was created during export, and it changes to the version updated in NIk.

Mark

1 Like

thank you so much
I understood how it works!

Ok. If you already understood that then I’m not sure what feedback you were hoping to get when you asked the following:

Are nik collection plugins useful when only DPL 2 is available?
In other words, are the nik collection features already in DPL 2?
And is nik collection directly usable from DPL 2?

It’s not clear to me!

Mark