Downloading os monterery

Just bought new Apple iMac and concerned about downloading Monterery. Should I download Big Sur instead?

You bought a new machine and consider to run an OS it was never sold with? Why not, if you want to increase possible problems, this might be the way to go. And for what exactly you need a feature request? The OS is not a feature of PL.

2 Likes

If your new iMac came with Big Sur, from reports I have seen of bugs in Monterey affecting PL5, that have not yet been fixed, I would stick with Big Sur if you can.

This thread has been moved to “DxO PhotoLab”.

Steven.

1 Like

Mac mini M1 , Monterey 12.2.1, DXO PL4 and Nik 4.3 works like a charm.

On a new iMac, you should not have any issues with the latest version of Mac OS, unless you use incompatible software.

The only obvious bug I have with my Monterey setup originated in Catalina (and will probably survive to the next iteration at this rate).

I’ve been using PL5 quite a bit in the last couple of weeks and it has performed as well as it ever has.

I can only agree with Jakc and zkarj. On my MBAir with Catalina and for some time now with Monterey, I have had no performance or other difficulties with either DXO 4.x or 5.x. Except for the miserable user interface :star_struck:

You can always create an additional volume, install macOS Monterey on it and test DPL against Monterey…provided your drive is not full yet.

Hi Platypus,

I know how to make on windows with fdisk or third party tools.
Could you give a short guideline how to do on Mac?

Thanks in advance

Guenter

Dual Boot Mac

1. Make a backup
  2. Open Disk Utility
  3. Add a volume and give it a distinct name like “NEW”
  4. Quit Disk Utility
  5. Get a macOS Monterey full installer
  6. Launch the installer
  7. Follow instructions and make sure you’re installing macOS Monterey on “NEW” (or whatever name you used)
  8. Wait until the Mac boots into Monterey
  9. Migrate things from backup or create a new user without migrating to create a “vanilla” installation.

How to get a full installer

1. Open Terminal.app
  2. Type softwareupdate and press ENTER → check the help that appears in the Terminal window
  3. Type softwareupdate --list-full-installers and press ENTER
  4. Type softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 12.2.1 (or whatever version you want to try) and press ENTER
  5. Wait until finished (takes a while, 12 GB download!)
  6. Find the installer in Mac HD > Applications

or get it here: https://mrmacintosh.com

1 Like