Download modules manually

Before now, it was possible to download modules manually on a separate computer,and transfer them to an airgapped machine.

Please bring this feature back.

If you’re referring to the Optics Modules then this is still do-able;

You’ll find the downloaded modules in (Windows) folder;
C:\Users<Username>\AppData\Local\DxO\DxO PhotoLab x\Modules

You can transfer module files (with .caf extension) to the same folder on your 2ndary machine.

Regards, John M

4 Likes

Volfot,

I suspect that PhotoLab is not installed on the other computer and so you cannot download the modules and then transfer them as John suggested in his reply. Is that correct?

Regards, Joseph

“I suspect that PhotoLab is not installed on the other computer and so you cannot download the modules and then transfer them as John suggested in his reply. Is that correct?”

Yes, that’s it exactly.

Hi John. Can I ask about the above. Modules are the cameras and lens combos we download for corrections, yes? I have a current computer with DxO PL2 already installed & running. I’ve edited about 500 raw files of my family that I’ve shot over about 9 years. I’ve finished editing them all. I’m planning on upgrading to a new computer soon where I’ll have to reinstall DxO PL2 on it and copy over my original images and sidecar files. That bit is easy but I’m dreading the bit where I’ve got to choose & download all my cameras/lens combos modules again (are they called modules?). Can I just copy all the modules from the folder you mentioned above (C:\Users\AppData\Local\DxO\DxO PhotoLab x\Modules) from the old computer to the new one, along with the original images & sidecars?

Hi Paul,

Yes, that should work fine. Just be sure to copy all files with .car suffix … Each one is a separate body+lens combo.

John

Great. Ty :slight_smile:

Hi John, can i just check this. Here’s a screenshot of the folder that contains the module data that you described above. They contain “CAF audio” files not .car files as you described (maybe a typo?). Are these the right ones to copy? They would open by default by Quicktime Player (see the properties window in the screenshot) but i assume that’s just a default program issue and not relevant.

Thanks (again)

Yes, those are the files you’ll need. (.car was annoying auto correct).

John

2 Likes

Thanks to all for your replies.

It seems there is no way to download the modules manually any more.