Does PL6Elite support Nikon Z8 HLG?

https://download.nikonimglib.com/archive5/VQKbv00zUk3505ZC1Cd97IsMIm50/Z8_TG_HLG_(En)01.pdf

The URL from Nikon contains information that describes the use of HLG with the Nikon Z8 in two formats: raw (Z8 NEF) and HEIF. Evidently, DxO does not support HEIF and there has been no clarification on Z8 HEIF. What about Z8 HLG in NEF image files?

Actually, there has been clarification of Z8 HEIF. @Marie indicated there are no current plans to support it.

Mark

Please note that Nikon Z8 HLG is available both in HEIF (that DxO will not support in the foreseeable future, despite forcing some Nikon photographers who want to use HEIF to look to other applications not from DxO) and NEF. Rephrasing, will DxO PL6 (Elite) support Nikon HLG in Z8 NEF files (presumably in NEF files from other Nikon bodies as well as Nikon deploys the technology)?

HLG (hybrid log gamma) makes sense for video. For photographic needs RAW (NEF) and the standard gamma is all I need. I’m glad the DXO aren’t going to waste resources on things that few photographers will see the benefit of. There are many other things on the to-do list.
Implementing this functionality will not make me update to PL7. But the lack of other improvements will make me skip the update… and I already missed PL6.

I have to agree.
if you shoot jpeg or HEIF, where is the need of software to manipulate your picture? it’s already baked. imo you’d be better shooting both NEF and HEIF and if you want to make it look better than just work on the raw file. sure if dxo was to add “export as HEIF” that could make sense.

There are circumstances under which working photographers currently use JPEG and not raw. There are many circumstances under which consumers and amateurs use JPEG; some only use JPEG. Many of the latter use no workflow other than what the “camera” provides (eg, Google smart phone Magic Eraser). Raw is closest to what would be provided in the latent image of film before chemical processing (developing). Push and pull are irrevocable steps with film; with digital, these can be un/re-done whenever is desired. Dodge and burn are irrevocable steps when printing (as these would be when printing a digital image), but can be un/re-done on the screen (not hardcopy) image as desired. HEIF has more information from the original image than a JPEG and in no more (typically, less) space than a JPEG, assuming that the actual format contained in the HEIF is appropriate. As has been pointed out by another correspondent to this dialog, Canon is moving to HEIF as well as Nikon.