Does Anyone Know How to Stop The Annoying Update Prompts from NIK collection?

I am getting to the point where I am about to part ways with NIK collection permanently. As much as I love some of the plugins the way they conduct business is horrible They do not answer support questions; NIK 4 is a buggy nightmare that is a half-ass upgrade to begin with; all your past license info is deleted from your account; I have to reinstall NIK 3 because NIK 4 does not work properly and now I have to bothered by prompts reminding me to upgrade. Anyone know how to stop the prompts permanently?

5 Likes

Simple trick, open one of the nik plugin as standalone first thing when you sit behind your computer, the popup shows up faster this way.

If, and would be nice, having an option in the setting to disable check for update on startup!!!

*edit, there’s no permanent fixed, I did ask at every Nik updates.

1 Like

Just checking: are you asking for support here or at support.dxo.com? Opening tickets at the support site is the way to go for bugs and licensing/sales issues. But you can count on the participation of fellow customers here - and occasionally members of the development team. Sorry there’s no ideal solution for the upgrade prompts. It’s my understanding that they will stop after about 30 days, though.

1 Like

Are you kidding? That would be like – let’s just say – “Support”.

1 Like

Glad I found this thread, I’ve spent so much time trying to download this new upgrade that the popup introduces in a way that I think it’s part of my license plan.

Nope, buy yet another upgrade with nothing new. But because we’re wising up to not getting every single new version, they’re making it annoying. I’m going to see if I can downgrade to Nik Collection 2, there’s not much new anyway. At least hopefully the annoying popup goes away.

These choices will certainly affect my decision on purchasing another Nik product or renewed license.

2 Likes

I’m still on v2 and the pop-up shows up all the time, so downgrading won’t fix the issue.

Going back even further is no help either. I’m still on v1, i.e. the first version DxO released, and the pop-up shows up EVERY time.

stuck

I dont have that in my .cfg file on a Mac…

This is what mine looks like:

Any Ideas?

apparently DXO redacted my post… nice.

Ill try to type it out…

group name=Checkforupdate
key name=“LastCheck” type=“string” value=“1641280533”
/group
group name=“Startup”
key name=“ShowAEP2PromoScreen” type=“bool” value=“0”/

1 Like

I did indeed add this to my file, as mine looked like @7dude file. I ran the plugin with no update message and looked at the file again. It had changed, some entries have been altered and deleted by NIK, BUT never had the annoying message again.

Worth a try!

1 Like