DJI Air 2S profile

With the global sharpening enabled, PureRaw drastically over sharpens images from DJI Air 2S. This is to the point where images stop being usable and especially affects tree branches. This is not the case for other lenses/cameras.

1 Like

Hello @zmkzmkzmk ,

welcome to DxO forum :slight_smile:

In PureRAW 1.5 you can toggle ON or OFF the addition of Global Lens Sharpness when using the DeepPRIME denoising method.

ON: lens sharpness is boosted
equivalent settting in PhotoLab is

OFF: lens sharpness is not boosted.
equivalent settting in PhotoLab is

So if you set OFF on Global lens sharpening do you find images oversharpened ?
If yes can you provide us with some files via http://upload.dxo.com for the test and analysis?
All images we had were made with Fuji lenses so we never encountered that case but we should be able to fix it soon.

Regards,
Marie

Thanks, I know I can turn off the global sharpening, but without any finer control in PureRaw, I’d ask that the defaults applied are less extreme or customised to the lenses. DJI’s lens design is clearly not great.

I uploaded two example files. These are not the worst cases, but you can see in the one with a person in the helmet that the more off center you go the worst the over sharpening becomes in the grass and in the trees.

Hello @zmkzmkzmk ,

I will pass your request to team in charge.
I’ve looke to your files and I think we are also a bit strong on lens sharpness. We will cahnge modules for the beginning of December.

Regards,
Marie