Displaying AF Point

(Milan) #1

Hello fellow photographers,

How can I see the autofocus (AF) point in this software? I hope that this option is somewhere, else I am quite puzzled that I am not able to see my focus points on the pictures I have taken.

FYI, there is a small rectangle area representing the AF Point in the other software such as DPP Canon software.

Kind regards,
Milan

(Peter) #2

Hello,
I personal have never that option in this or other software.
I reckon that Canon is saving AFpoint data in the exif metadata the special for Canon produced processingsoftware can read this, but ive never seen this with my Panasonic.

Which kind i know as excisting is Focuspeaking, the software is showing with blinking which is in focus, showing the DOF so to speak in the image. (DxO doesn’t have this feature. (yet))

You can also see the AF point within Nikon software and there is a plugin for Lr to show the AF point.
I’m sure they could make that possible with PL

(Milan) #4

Thank you mikerofoto.I thought it was just waiting :slight_smile:

(Peter) #5

i am sure they can, when or if they will implement this functionality is probably a longer timeframe then turekm will wait.:relaxed:
(but maybe one of the staff will answer to that. : @sgospodarenko ?)

(Eugene Cooney) #6

Agreed! The is a very useful feature. I used it with Nikon Capture NX2 and searched in vain for it when I started using DxO.

(John Barrett) #7

I agree the lightroom plug in was very usfull

Also buggy.

(John Barrett) #9

I never used it so much to find that. I did find it very usfull to see what might have gone wrong with an image focus and it did that OK when needed.

…and by the way, it completely fails at “focus and recompose”. Even for very small values of “recompose”.

In reality, displaying the (seeming) AF point is not as helpful as in theory. :slight_smile:

Tilmann