Digital asset management : moving folders

We need an easy way to move a complete folder and its subfolders to a new location

I’d add that DPL,s database should be able to recognize images even if their folder has bern renamed or moved. Refresh function can be done automatically or manually.

Don’t forget to vote four proposals - even your own :grin:

1 Like

I agree, PhotoLab’s ability to manage files & folders is too primitive. Even if it had the ability to move things around, its single folder tree makes significant reorganization very difficult.

I agree, I don’t expect PhotoLab to be a full on DAM, but it does need to provide basic features that are common to all software of this kind. Currently it is woefully lacking in a number of areas including this one, and is a far worse product than it could be because of that.

For processing RAW files PhotoLab is stunning, but to be honest I am appalled by some of the basic functionality that is either missing or half implemented. This is a shame because a lot of the support functionality that is missing or “broken” would be very easy to put in place and would make PhotoLab a far more user friendly product.

I agree. Not being able to move or delete folders is a bad joke for software like this.

You have the option to create a folder but are unable to delete it!

Yep, that makes perfect sense.